New guy - estate ammo

Yeah, I’m one of “those guys” who really isn’t a collector but recently came into possession of an assortment of some vintage ammo that I would like to identify and if possible find homes for at a fair price, since it’s nothing I will ever collect or use myself. “If anyone is interested, please contact me by email or PM”.

As I go through the boxes of stuff I will be posting more (and will be sure to provide plenty of pics!) but for starters:

Remington Kleanbore #9630 30-06 Springfield Paper Bullet blanks. Headstamp is REM-UMC 30-06 SPRG.

-Mark

NOTE FROM ADMIN–Welcome to the Forum. We are always glad to have non-collectors here. You never know, maybe you will find cartridges interesting and become a collector.

The above post really should be in the Buy-Sell-Trade part of the Forum, but I will allow it because of the nice picture. But, to use the B-S-T, you must be a International Ammunition Association (IAA) member. If you are not a member, please click on “IAA Home” above. then select “Membership and Journal”.

That being said, I will allow future posts here in the main Forum as long as they are informational and have a nice picture. We are always glad to assist in an ID, but please do not ask for values for the direct purpose of resale. I would allow a comment such as “If anyone is interested, please contact me by email or PM”

For what it is worth, your boxes of .30-06 Blanks date from 1946-1952.

Thanks, appreciate the guidance. I made the “email / PM” edit to the original post. A quick look through the various boxes leans towards most of the ammo being 40’s and 50’s. There’s some steel case .30 carbine dated '43, 100+ mixed headstamp .30-06 from the 40’s and 50’s, a few boxes of .32-20 WCF, and some others. I can do some high-resolution scans if anyone’s interested (.38ACP here for an example):

Howdy ontheroad
Welcome
Sure would like to see or know what the black-printed, brown over-label says on the Peters 380 box you posted.
Thanks
Pete

Ask and ye shall…

Part of it is missing, another part covered in tape. It appears to be from “J. Russell & Co.” with an address of Race and Dwight Streets, which would be in Holyoke, Massachusetts. According to Google, which as we know is never wrong, J. Russell was a distributor of of Industrial Supplies, Automotive Equipment and Hardware during the late 19th to mid 20th centuries.

I’ll grab a couple of close-ups later on, have to go to my sister-in-laws birthday party and deal with her horrible little children for a few hours.[quote=“PetedeCoux”]Howdy ontheroad
Welcome
Sure would like to see or know what the black-printed, brown over-label says on the Peters 380 box you posted.
Thanks
Pete[/quote]

Pete,
I think they are 38 ACP rounds, not 380

As promised, box pics:
Top:

Bottom:

thanks for the photos ontheroad, over-labels are interesting things, & this one is new to me.