New Herters defense shotshells

Today I noticed that Cabelas website is now showing their Herters brand as having a “defense shotshells” section offering things like 12ga multibuck, 12ga .650 roundball, .410 000-buck, and a 2.00" 12ga mini-buck:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Ammunition/Shotgun-Ammunition|/pc/104792580/c/104691780/sc/104567580/Hertersreg-Defense-Shotshells/1555113.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fshooting-ammunition-shotgun-ammunition%2F_%2FN-1100191&WTz_l=Unknown%3Bcat104567580

There are no package photos shown, but the descriptions and range of products in this category sound remarkably similar to the Aguila / Centurion stuff which was out a few years ago, but as of this past year seems to have disappeared from the marketplace. Maybe this is the same stuff in Herters brand packaging, or maybe just an original Herters thing based on the Centurion loads?

I’d guess if the box says Hecho en Mexico, it’s probably from Aguila. Centurion, who was the US distributor for Aguila ammunition, was located here in the San Antonio area (Helotes TX), but I don’t know if they are still in business. I haven’t seen anything about them. The several times I have tried to speak with them in the past, they were less than friendly. I wonder whatever happened to their resurrected 5mm Remington Rimfire Magnum ammunition of 4 or 5 years ago? I haven’t seen any of it at the gun shows for quite awhile.

Here are some pics of the new Herters (Cabelas) 12ga mini buck. The box says “made in Italy”. You can see the length of the shell relative to a couple of standard 2.75" shells and it doesn’t appear much shorter, but it is a roll crimp, so the fired length isn’t as long as the fired length of typical U.S. shells. In my Remington 870 and Mossberg 500 I can get 1 additional shell in the otherwise 6-capacity tube. I have yet to receive the .410 buck which they are advertising, and there seems to be a delay with that.

Matt, I’d say that’s the same maker/line that I posted about last night. Box looks the same and shells are very similar.

Herters (via Cabelas) has finally caught up with getting the .410 buck which they first listed 2 years ago, but never had until now. My backorder was 2 years old and just notified me 10 days ago of the fulfillment. I received the 2.50" and 3.00" buck, with headstamps of 36 * 36 * on both:

Matt, thank you very much sharing, you waited a really long time. I may add that this headstamp and construction is typical of a Fiocchi made 36/76. Regards, Fede.