Just thought i would post a quick intro,User names Spotter, real names allan.Im a civilian explosive ordnance searcher here in the uk and work alongside military eod personnel, my main interests are artillery and bomb fuzes,but as with this hobby my collecting does deviate a lot.IAA was recomended to me by members of my own website BOCN,and from what ive seen so far this is a great site i gather that IAA is primarily SAA something i know nothing about so please dont expect me to post much for now,but i do look forward to learning from you folks.
Allan
ADMIN/MODS I WAS UNSURE WHERE TO POST THIS SO COULD YOU PLEASE RELOCATE TO THE CORRECT AREA

Spotter
Welcome aboard. I would say we tend to go SAA, but the medium and large cal folks are alive and well. We look forward to your perspective, expertise & insight. ‘not sure if you are joining the IAA itself (or just registered for the Forum)…but consider both as the electronic journal membership is an inexpensive option ($25) and the potential purchase of the 55 year Journal compilation CD ($50) is not a bad resource (it’s excellent !). Any way you slice it, welcome to our circle of like minded “ammo guys”

Pepper

Thanks for the welcome Pepper,being a yorkshireman ive already paid for the cheaper electronic subscription,
allan

Spotter–Welcome to the IAA Forum. We can certainly use someone with your expertise on larger stuff. While 75-80% of our posts are SAA, we do not discriminate against larger things. Basically, if it goes “Boom” or can be fired from a gun, or is in any way considered munitions, it is fair game to be discussed here. In fact, the thread that ran the longest with the most responses (over 32,000) was about Torpedoes. We have even had the occasional missile and even a few “Nuke” questions.

Allan (spotter), welcome aboard. Thank you for all the help you’ve given me over at the BOCN. Cheers, Bruce.

Welcome spotter! Glad to have you here.