New Stopping Power 9 mm Parabellum Headstamp

Here is the latest headstamp found in Stopping Power brand 9 mm Parabellum cartridges made in Argentina by Full Metal S.A., where the shape and spacing of the numbers and letters is slightly different from the one used in previous years. This is a subsonic load with a 147 truncated cone bullet likely supplied by FLB.

More information here: full-metal.com.ar/stoppingpower3.php

Regards,

Fede

9789789_zpsane6lg2y

Fede,

Do you have any photos of the 9mm cartridges themselves?

What about the 38 Special? Any photos of headstamp and cartridges?

I’ve collected a few photos off the internet of the Waffen brand ammo but I don’t know much about the brand. Does Waffen have their own headstamp? Maybe a new thread could be started regarding Waffen ammunition?

Leon, below you can see the 9 mm cartridge and two variations of .38 Special (FMJ and JHP). Headstamp correspond to the JHP loading only, since the FMJ has a nickeled primer cup.

5645656_zpszsxdyojf 43545_zpskdh2kj0z

This headstamp is also found in .32 S&W Long, .357 Magnum, .380 Auto, .40 S&W, .44 Magnum and .45 Auto.

I will start a new thread about Waffen.

Regards,

Fede

Fede,

Once again thanks for posting those pictures.

Many thanks Fede!!! Another Headstamp to look for. Do you think Stopping Power is still making their own cases???

Cheers,
Lew

Lew, yes, they are making their own cases and most of the bullets in all the calibers listed above. Also, they are currently loading their cartridges with powder imported from USA and primers from Russia.

Back in 2002, the pilot lot was entirely made by FLB with a different “9 X 19 SP” headstamp, while the first commercial production was made by Full Metal using cases made by FLB with “9X19 SP 02” headstamp, FLB bullets, unespecified US powder and Remington primers with a nickeled cup.

I’ll try to post pictures of the different variations as soon as I can.

Regards,

Fede