New Tokarev Ammo!

Yeah!!! I just ordered some from AIM. I can’t see the h/s clearly in their pic, but I will post a good h/s pic when it arrives at my door. Says it’s Romanian, looks like a commercial h/s. I ordered 6 boxes, so I should be able to post pics of both the 50 and 150 round boxes.
aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item … groupid=38

Nice! It’s been around 7 or 8 years since anything new in that caliber came out I think, with the last being either the Wolf Gold line, or the current Prvi Partisan incarnation? Hopefully AIM will include the 150rd range-pack boxes since you are getting 2 lots of 3 with that order (150rd range packs).

Jon, good for you! The headstamp I have seen seems to read 14 S 7.62x25 RAS, and it is the first one using the company’s initials. I assume that “14” stands for 2014 and “S” for Sadu.

Yes, Matt, I meant 150 round box. I hope I do get the 2 sizes.
Thanks, Fede. I couldn’t get the shot clear enough to read. I’m very they are dated. They should arrive sometime next week.

I find it interesting that all the other Romanian pistol ammo I recall ever seeing has had brass cases.

Maybe they are using partial machinery and technology of 5.45x39 which are all steel then.

Century Arms also use to have steel case Red Army ammo in steel case available in 9mmM, 7.62x54R, 7.63x39 and I believe 5.45x39 as I remember, but they are all out now.

Does anyone know a source for Red Army steel case ammo in any of these calibers??? I’m looking for a box or two of each.

Cheers,
Thanks
Lew

Lew, 5.45x39 were from Ukraine but now I wonder if they made it out of country or if so if there will be any more.

The 9 mm Makarov was also from the Lugansk Cartridge Works in Ukraine.

EOD, I have found on the internet 5.45x39 Ukrainian and 7.62x39 from Both the Ukraine and Romania.

Cheers,
Lew

There was also Bosnian brass-cased 7.62x39 ammo marketed as RAS.

It’s worth mentioning that this new RAS headstamp does not only stands for “Red Army Standard,” but also reflects the name of the new company name that now owns this ammunition brand, which is RAS International, Inc. Both RAS and CIA companies are still managed by the sons and grandsons of William A. Sucher, the original founder.

There is also a newly manufactured RAS brand 7.62x54R by Sadu that is meant to replace the previously recalled production that seems to be very hard to find today. An earlier post about this: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15485

Jon, these cartridges are headstamped IK 13 7.62x39.

John and Lew, thank you for the information!
As all the calibers you are mentioning are not being marketed in Europe (to my limited knowledge) I have never seen those and info from Ukraine is a bit stalled due to the current situ there.

If anybody has box and hs images of these I would be glad to see them.

Did pretty well today, but no luck at all with 7.62x54R. It all seems off the market regardless of manufacturer. Anybody have any ideas???

Cheers,
Lew

EOD - pictures of the Mak boxes and cartridge on the way to you via personal email. Post on Forum or not as you please.

Info on RAS and “Red Army Standard” trademark

Exert from http://www.trademarkia.com/red-army-standard-85804941.html

[quote]This is a brand page for the RED ARMY STANDARD trademark by RAS INTERNATIONAL INC. in DELRAY BEACH, FL, 33445. Write a review about a product or service associated with this RED ARMY STANDARD trademark. Or, contact the owner RAS INTERNATIONAL INC. of the RED ARMY STANDARD trademark by filing a request to communicate with the Legal Correspondent for licensing, use, and/or questions related to the RED ARMY STANDARD trademark.
On Tuesday, December 18, 2012, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for RED ARMY STANDARD by RAS INTERNATIONAL INC., DELRAY BEACH, FL 33445. The USPTO has given the RED ARMY STANDARD trademark serial number of 85804941. The current federal status of this trademark filing is SECOND EXTENSION - GRANTED. The correspondent listed for RED ARMY STANDARD is DOUGLAS R. WOLF of WOLF, GREENFIELD & SACKS, P.C., 600 ATLANTIC AVE FL 23, BOSTON, MA 02210-2206 . The RED ARMY STANDARD trademark is filed in the category of Firearm Products . The description provided to the USPTO for RED ARMY STANDARD is magazines for weapons, tripods for firearms, bipods for firearms, firearm slings, firearm sights, firearm scope rings, firearm hand guards, gunstocks, firearms.[/quote]

As Fede points out Century International Arms (CIA) is located in Delray Beach.

[quote]430 South Congress Ave. Suite 1 Delray Beach, FL 33445
1-800-527-1252 [/quote]

Ref: http://www.centuryarms.com/

Cheers,
Lew

My new Tokarev ammo arrived…Hooray!!! Let me know if anyone wants different pics.

Jon, great pictures, thank you very much. Now get those new 7.62x54R!

Just to round out this thread, I obtained a box of the Romanian Red Army 7.62x39, and it doesn’t have the RAS headstamp. The headstamp is “7.62x39 SADU 13” on a gray lacquered steel case with a green case mouth seal.

Based on this, I suspect the Romanian Red Army 7.62x54R that was recalled for having corrosive primers also had an SADU headstamp. Can anyone conform this, and perhaps tell us what the headstamp actually was.

Fede, as far as I can tell, there is no Red Army brand 7.62x54R available anywhere on the US market. If you find any, please let us know. I have even put a post on a big gun forum with no answers.

Cheers,
Lew