Newer .22 Box article

Dean Grua has provided an excellent article explaining his fascination with newer .22 box collecting.

Check it out at cartridgecollectors.org/new22box/new22box.htm

Many potential collectors may become interested in cartridge collecting if you apply the same reasoning that Dean shares with us. This is an affordable specialty that may be interesting to younger collectors as well.

Nice job, Dean! Thanks for taking the time to write it up.

[quote=“John S.”]Dean Grua has provided an excellent article explaining his fascination with newer .22 box collecting.

Check it out at cartridgecollectors.org/new22box/new22box.htm

Many potential collectors may become interested in cartridge collecting if you apply the same reasoning that Dean shares with us. This is an affordable specialty that may be interesting to younger collectors as well.

Nice job, Dean! Thanks for taking the time to write it up.[/quote]

Dean,

Now that is a very neat article, summing up the very essence of collecting, whatever the subject, for many of us. I remember the despairing feeling of inadequacy when faced with a big cartridge meeting or somebody else’s comprehensive collection. Then someone will recognise me, walk up, and ask a question. Then I realise that I can help others and am therefore not right at the bottom of the pile and I feel great again. So I have a beer to celebrate collecting and collectors everywhere.

gravelbelly

Did I hear somebody say BEER!

Where? When??

;) ;)

That is a great article BTW. C’mon, admit it guys. We ALL have a few 22 boxes in our collection. And some shotshells too. And an artillery cartridge or two. I even have a couple of .450 pistol cartridges! Or is it .455?? Same thing.

Ray

Nice article! I don’t collect 22 boxes but I seem to have accumulated quite a few. Sometimes you seen that unique 22 box and just have to buy it!!!

Thanks guys, and thank you John for the help. I collect just about everything under 30mm, but the rimfire boxes are my favorites…so many varieties and colors. Aguila seems to change their boxes about every month. Hard to keep up with!

Great Article: Today’s new items will be tomorrows hard to find collectibles, as time stands still, for no man. I only wish Winchester, Remington, and Federal would look back at the great artwork of the past and then replace the drab boxes of today with the beauty of years past. If they did, more boxes would be bought, and if they would change them more often, even more boxes would be sold. It is not always what is in the package, that sells the package.
Enjoy the hobby,
Dave