Nice girls

YES , NICE GIRLS DO PLAY WITH AMMUNITION. 30mm HETs linked up for the aircraft at Bagram AFB.

OK am not up on the big stuff. What are the “plugs” in front of the projectiles for?

Gourd

I think they are called “nipples”.

HA!

The entire white plastic assembly is the link which carries the cartridge into the magazine and feeds the gun.

THE ENTIRE PLASTIC TRAIN GOES INTO THIS DRUM MAGAZINE

YOU CAN SEE BETTER IN THIS CROSS SECTION HOW THE CARRIER HOLDS THE SHELL IN THE DRUM LIKE SPOKES IN A WHEEL

THE PROJECTILES COME OUT HERE

THEY DO THIS REAL WELL !

Here is a dummy, from Gregory’s collection (thanks,Pepper). Is there a 30mm ground system, like mounted on a tank? Also, did US go metric or it is a foreigh design? Why 30mm? Where did inches go?

Vlad, the case design is Swiss by Oerlikon and known as the 30x173 KCA. Oerlikon developed them as steel cases and only later when the GAU-8/A (percussion primed) and GAU-9/A (electrical primed) got developed the case was made of aluminum due to weight reasons.

The white containers are a loading aid for the drum with the linkless feeding system and do not go air.

The US Military switched to metric a long time ago.

You want women and gatlings?

Here:

BONNIE PARKER - NOT YOUR TRADITIONAL “NICE GIRL” but , A REAL FAN OF AMMUNITION.

I am impressed by the Lady Snipers of the Soviet Union during WW2. One era US newsreel shows a Soviet lady sniper visiting the US and claiming over 800 kills. I have not seen this confirmed. Does anyone have photos of Soviet women snipers with their gear ?

Hi CSAEOD

“Google” with the words: Soviet women snipers on ‘pictures’ gives at least 5 images on the first page and a lot on the next…

Lyudmila Pavlichenko was the deadliest female sniper ever, 309 kills

sharenator.org/The_deadliest … n_history/

Good luck!
Jaco

Thank you. That is one interesting site. The Finn called “white death” was really something. News to me. Is it known what weapon he used most ? The site said he prefered open sights. Wow!

Ladies who shoot good is not news to Benchrest shooters. There are some really good ones at both short and long (1000 yard) range. I’ve had my butt kicked by them more than once. They’re good looking too and real ladies , unlike the “females” you’ll find in some other sports.

Ray

I bet they get better than average divorce settlements.

As far as 30x173mm systems go, the Mk 44 Bushmaster II has been adopted for ground, air, and naval applications.

The GAU-8/A is also mounted in the Goalkeeper naval CIWS.

There is a good report available for download through DTIC regarding the post-WW2 development history of USAF 20-30mm cannon ammunition. I think a member here also sells it as a hard copy.

"Historical Development Summary of Automatic Cannon Caliber Ammunition 20-30 Millimeter"
http://handle.dtic.mil/100.2/ADA140367

Daniel, the Bushmaster II has now steel cases again.

women and gatlings are nice but I like women and bombs

I knew this image was gonna be posted :)

Once we into bombs, how about this EOD lady?

The EOD school can really pick them. She must be a sailor with all that tattooing.

As far as 30x173mm systems go, the Mk 44 Bushmaster II has been adopted for ground, air, and naval applications.

The GAU-8/A is also mounted in the Goalkeeper naval CIWS.

There is a good report available for download through DTIC regarding the post-WW2 development history of USAF 20-30mm cannon ammunition. I think a member here also sells it as a hard copy.

"Historical Development Summary of Automatic Cannon Caliber Ammunition 20-30 Millimeter"
http://handle.dtic.mil/100.2/ADA140367[/quote]

I USED TO SELL A XEROX COPY OF THIS MANUAL AND SOMEONE ELSE STILL DOES. IT MAY BE LEW CURTISS.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN A COPY WHICH DID NOT HAVE BAD PHOTOS. IF ANYONE HAS ONE WITH GOOD PHOTOS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM.