Nigerian 9 mm Parabellum

Does anyone have an example or pictures of a 9 mm Parabellum box made by OFN in Nigeria? I’m aware that the cartridges are very rare, but maybe some quantity has showed up in recent years. Not long ago I saw a crate marked “CAL 9 mmx 19 1000 CARTRIDGES SOFT CORE” and “OFN LOT 23-75”.

Frede, The only specimen I know of is in Woodin Lab and is a production defect in the casemouth as I remember.Have never seen a box, although Nigerian 7.62 NATO rounds were around about 20+ years ago.

Could you post the crate! Have not seen that either. If you have any idea where the crate was pictured, it would be a place to start looking!

Cheers,
Lew

Here’s the one link to a photo online of the 9mm ammo from Dicon (it doesn’t help much), which is at the factory website. Wonder if they respond to email questions? – They have a contact link. I see they have had their body armor production set up by Marom Dolphin (Israel), and I wonder if IMI has set them up with any ammo production?

http://www.dicon.gov.ng/milproduct2.html

Lew, this is the mythical crate. It has the same construction as the one used for the 7.62x51, so the cartridge boxes were probably packed inside a sealed metal can.

Matt, thanks for sharing this link.

Regards,

Fede

There was, as Lew says, some Nigerian 7.62 around 20 or so years ago. Although I must be getting old because it doesn’t seem that long ago to me.

It was appalling quality as I recall.

I would like to pay tribute to an old shooting friend of mine Ron, now gone to his maker, who coined a phrase that has stayed with me these many years.

“You have to be a very rich man to be able to afford to buy cheap ammunition” I love that, its so true