Norwegian DSG under water ammunition

Tony Williams mentioned it in a brief article in the ECRA bulletin and I looked it up in the web.

Not as revolutionary as some people say in the web but still interesting to finally see them in the west too:

defensereview.com/revolution … and-video/

auvac.org/community-information/ … /view/1099

Would be interesting to know if anybody is going to adopt these.

That is just awesome! A lot more capable then the Russian underwater ammunition with the super long projectiles. The video was great. I wonder if they will be available to collectors at all? Just amazing technology and available in assortment of sizes and capable of killing torpedoes. I think he said he tested the technology over 120MM’s.

Jason

Jason, the latest Russian ones are “short” and there is much more about than is out in the public.

Although this is not evident from published information, these rounds were designed by a Russian-Ukrainian team.

You rule!
Now seeing these I am getting reminded of a so far unidentified 7.62x39 round in Russia!

Thanks big time, Alex & Fede! This is a really fascinating ammunition type.

For some more info including pictures of various supercavitating projectiles upto 30mm see the following presentation: dtic.mil/ndia/2012armaments/ … morgan.pdf

Brian

bdgreen, thanks a lot for digging up this one!

Now I have answer what kind of cartridge I have:

[quote=“EOD”]
Now seeing these I am getting reminded of a so far unidentified 7.62x39 round in Russia![/quote]

I can’t see your images but think I referred to them.

[quote=“EOD”][quote=“EOD”]
Now seeing these I am getting reminded of a so far unidentified 7.62x39 round in Russia![/quote]

I can’t see your images but think I referred to them.[/quote]

Pictures updated. Could you see them now?

I suppose, this is a very early prototype.

Now they work. Yes, that one I meant.

Hello Yuri, it would be an early version of the now designated Multi Environment Ammunition (MEA).

I might add that they are focusing on the full-calibre ammo for now rather than the saboted ones.

I requested samples following their distributor’s directions a long while back, no response.