Norwegian Remington Rimfire?

These rounds have me a little confused, so any help is appreciated. I had thought 50-70, but the dimensions don’t add up, which leads me to think the 12.17X44R (RFR78 C)

The dimensions are:

Cartridge Overall Length - 2.260 (+/- .003)

Casing Length - 1.726 (+/- .002)

Rim Thickness - .075

Rim Diameter - .633 (+/- .001)

Case Base Diameter - .550 (+/- .001)

Mouth - .528

Bullet Exposed Length - .549 (+/- .003)

Bullet Diameter Exposed At Mouth - .491 (+/- .002)

Crimp - .03

The rim diameter seems smaller than anything I can find for the 50-70, and seems to match the Norwegian.

Two with a 50-110 Express

The rims/bases show a faint circular impression on some of them, a thin line, but I am guessing this is just from stamping, and means nothing else??

When I cleaned one round I noticed that the bullets have small striations on them, going length wise, just ahead of the crimp on the neck.

Are these Norwegian Remington, and if so, can anyone tell me who actually made these rounds? Was it Remington, or were they arsenal made in Norway etc?

Also can anyone give me any pointers on value or scarcity, before I go any further with these rounds?

Thanks.

Surely one of our members must know something about these rounds, or the Norwegian 12.17X44 Rimfire??
Any input at all is appreciated.

[quote=“J.U.”]Surely one of our members must know something about these rounds, or the Norwegian 12.17X44 Rimfire??
Any input at all is appreciated.[/quote]
J.U., THESE APPEAR TO BE (as you suspected) THE 12.17X44R NORWEGIAN REMINGTON. THE 50/70 IS A BIT LARGER IN THE RIM AND BASE. M.Rea