Not an IAA member? You are missing some good stuff!

The last IAA Journal issue #454 (March/April) included a well-researched article on blowpipe (“sarbacane”) cartridges. There’s the DEFINITIVE article on the 9mm Glisenti. We have some interesting shotshells from the Czech Republic, as well as some rare shotshell boxes shown in color. There’s some info on the new Chinese 5.8x42 cartridge and an article on the Soviet Flechette/SPIW program. This is a color issue so we have pages of great color photos covering everything from Soviet trench art to 44 Henry AMC boxes to 22 boxes to 40mm grenades. As well as the usual sectioned cartridge column we have been able to get some pictures of sectioned Japanese 12.7, 13.2 and 20mm Oer. Rounds. Our “Back to Basics” column this issue is on primer tubes. For light relief, we have a Swiss machine gun .22 simulator (great at soccer matches), and what Welsh jails were using on their prisoners. All this and our regular columns/features.
Click here for membership info http://cartridgecollectors.org/membershipapp.htm

Should I have this yet? How long ago were they mailed?

I did not get mine either. I’m sure its on its way!!! So fired up!

You won’t be disappointed. Wish it was ALL slick and in color. But then the dues would have to go up, huh? How much?

Gentlemen,
Due to the exceptional efficiency of the USPS, the Journal delivery can be spread over 3-4 weeks depending on where you live in the US and whether the mailman is in a good mood (but I wouldn’t want their job!).

If it’s any consolation, I haven’t received my copy yet and I’m the d*** editor!!!

When you get yours, I hope it will all be new and interesting. When I get my copy it all looks familiar for some reason?

Please be patient.

Chris P.

No worries on my end Chris! Thanks for your work and dedication on it.

Jason

[quote=“Chris P”]Gentlemen,
Due to the exceptional efficiency of the USPS, the Journal delivery can be spread over 3-4 weeks depending on where you live in the US and whether the mailman is in a good mood (but I wouldn’t want their job!).

If it’s any consolation, I haven’t received my copy yet and I’m the d*** editor!!!

When you get yours, I hope it will all be new and interesting. When I get my copy it all looks familiar for some reason?

Please be patient.

Chris P.[/quote]

Well, I am happy that my copy arrived here in the UK 2 days ago, remarkable.

gravelbelly

I haven’t been disappointed yet, it’s always worth twice the price! I just wanted to make sure I hadn’t missed a copy. Thanks for all of your hard work.

I received my copy of the March/April issue 2 days ago (Monday, March 19th). And I live in Austria, Europe.

So, it seems the postal service within the US can take longer than overseas shipping?
Chris

Chris
I received my copy of the March/April today(21-03). And I live in the Netherlands, Europe.
regards
Harrie

Miami mail must be the slowest in the World then :-) haha!

Jason

Even in Finland…

Nothing in Pennsylvania yet!

Non-US IAA members get their Journal sent via a service called “ISAL” (International Surface Air Lift). This supposedly combines air freight with surface delivery. Basically, the package of Journals for a particular country goes in one parcel via commercial air freight and then are distributed “in-country” by surface. Sometimes it only takes a few days to get across the world, sometimes it takes a few weeks. We just cannot predict it.

The use of 2nd class mail in the US and ISAL for all other countries is one way of keeping costs down, but it does mean that it can take some time. We are looking at alternatives so keep an eye open for an announcement in the next issue (#455).

Totally cool with me. I am patient and just happy to get it when I get it! It is interesting to track the delievery times on a international and State by State basis. Mail races! Anyhow, it looks awesome and it will be my 2nd issue since I just learned of the IAA a few weeks ago. STOKED!

Arrived in Oklahoma today. WOOHOO! I’m seriously thinking of moving to Russia, you guys have all the cool 7.62x54 AND faster mail.

Still nothing in MIAMI FLORIDA! I wonder if this is because I am a new member and was somehow not sent one by accident? This would be my 1st issue except for a back issue sent to me when I joined. I think I am may be the last in the world of IAA members :-)?

Jason

Patience,my copy has not arrived yet in Manitoba. Mar 28.

Miami mail is typically hit or miss. Most of the time it is super fast, but others, slow as in this case. No worries.