Odd ogive on Winchester metal piercing .45 auto

In the photo below you can see the typical ogive of a Winchester .45acp metal piercing bullet on the left, the case is headstamped SUPER-X 45 AUTO. On the right however is a case stamped WESTERN .45 AUTO with a metal piercing bullet having a much different angle. I have never seen this before in a Winchester metal piercing bullet for .45 auto, and even the Remington / Peters metal-penetrating version doesn’t have an angle this triangular. Could this be a prototype or rare variation? It was in the Woodin lab, and the index card just reference all of the metal piercing loads from Winchester in the drawer with different ID letters without expanded explanation for this specific one.

DKConfiguration

BOTH OF THE CARTRIDGES YOU DEPICT WERE MANUFACTURED BY WESTERN NOT WINCHESTER. BOTH WERE LIKELY MANUFACTURED AFTER WESTERN’S ACQUISTION OF WINCHESTER. WISH I KNEW THE ANSWER TO EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENT BULLET. WESTERN USED A VERY SIMILAR LOOKING BULLET IN THEIR LOADING OF .357 MAGNUM CARTRIDGES.

I does look just like the .357mag version in terms of shape. I wonder if it was a tested design deemed to have inferior ballistics in terms of accuracy or penetration? As for Western, I am guilty of often just referring to them collectively as Winchester since my collecting interest includes cartridges coming only after the merger.