Old Canadian shotshell (1895)

jean-pierre
Did you have a question about this shell?
Dick.

Hi Dick !
No, I just post it to share documentation !
I often ask questions so it is normal I put some info people do not have.
I think it can interest canadian collectors because as someone told me, the first Dominion catalogue, not listing, is from 1915, so far away after this drawing.
Do you collect shotshells ?
JP

I do collect shotshells mainly Canadian,but I have many European & American.The “Trap” is interesting.It was introduced in !889 & identified by “Trap” on the topwad,the first loaded shotshell sold by Dominion.In 1890 it was the first Dominion shotshell to be headstamped with a brand name,Trap.It was discontinued in 1907.
The page is interesting.Can you tell me what it says at the bottom about the “papier” Dick.

[quote=“Dick”]I do collect shotshells mainly Canadian,but I have many European & American.The “Trap” is interesting.It was introduced in !889 & identified by “Trap” on the topwad,the first loaded shotshell sold by Dominion.In 1890 it was the first Dominion shotshell to be headstamped with a brand name,Trap.It was discontinued in 1907.
The page is interesting.Can you tell me what it says at the bottom about the “papier” Dick.[/quote]

Hi Dick !
As a Canadian guy you don’t speak French ??
I am kidding !

It says : The paper used for the tube measures excatly 4 turns plus a few millimeters. It has been before soaked into an “oily material”

Jean-Pierre