On the subject of fakes

While going through some 7.62 Nato rounds recently, I found this. Can anyone comment on this? The neck crimp looks relatively well done and is uniform right the way round. There was a comment on another thread dealing with fakes that sometimes the ballistics seems wrong. This “bullet/experiment” has very little weight, so it would seem from a ballistics point of view that it would start tumbling as soon as it leaves the barrel and encounters any turbulence.

Regards
Daan

" it would start tumbling as soon as it leaves the barrel and encounters any turbulence."

Unless, unseen inside the sabot, the projectile has angled fins. It might be interesting to X-ray.

Projectile looks like a .22 rimfire, with pared down bullet !! Should be X-rayed ! M. Rea

To me the projectile looks like a stud that is used with cartridge powered nail guns.

Yeah that was my thought too.
Someone took a Hilti or Ramset concrete nail and stuffed it into a x51 case.

Agreed its a nail gun projectile. Just possible that it is a genuine application ie somebody actually wanted to make a 7.62 nail gun I suppose. I can’t think why though…

Maybe some time ago some commando got orders from his wife to finally hang those pictures that he promised to do months ago, so he improvised with his FN