Original Full Crates of German 7.92 & 9mm

I recently received an email from a guy in the US who just acquired 11 full crates of German WWII ammo. He is interested in selling some of it but has no idea on the price. He would be interested in info on prices and on how he should sell it.

Can anyone help him out? He will be reading the posts.

Below are some photos.

7.92 Tracer by P154

9mmP08 mE by wa

7.92 Tracer-steel case-This is totally sealed and the metal cover is still over the Sleeves.

There is also what looks like an Armor’s Kit for a 37mm Cannon.

There is also an ineresting looking label on the bottom of one of the 9mmP08 sleeves. It looks like a reused 7.72 Sleeve.

Cheers,
Lew

The armourer’s kit looks swedish.
Nice collection of ‘loaves of rye bread’ as we call them:-)
Soren

The individual boxes of 7.92 and 9mm are all over Gunbroker if the completed auctions are searched. Realistic prices for a single box of 9mm would be about $25 - $30 retail, and a whole sleeve would be salable at around $550 to $850. The sleeves of 7.92 seem to sell for closer to $300-$400 if memory serves. There would probably not be buyers for an entire crate at a functional price for the seller since it would be so high.

It depends on how they are listed, they can either made out to be antique WWII collectibles, or rare unique-bullet specialty ammo.

Also, geography is important since mailing costs will be very significant.

DK, I think you hit it right for the 9mmP sleeves.

The 7,92 sleeves are very common and would be in the $200 or less in my opinion. There simply are far more of them out there than there are collectors that want them.

Dave

If we had an auction on this forum, he could sell them here and a commission could go to the IAA. Many are not fan’s of Gunbroker or other auction sites.
I would be interested in a case of each… most interested in the 9mm

David Call hurdcall@yahoo.com

Thank you,
Dave

[quote=“DKConfiguration”]The individual boxes of 7.92 and 9mm are all over Gunbroker if the completed auctions are searched. Realistic prices for a single box of 9mm would be about $25 - $30 retail, and a whole sleeve would be salable at around $550 to $850. The sleeves of 7.92 seem to sell for closer to $300-$400 if memory serves. There would probably not be buyers for an entire crate at a functional price for the seller since it would be so high.

It depends on how they are listed, they can either made out to be antique WWII collectibles, or rare unique-bullet specialty ammo.[/quote]

With all due respect
"Those would be very very high asking prices? and I would doubt many auctions are selling at those prices.

$10.00 for a box of 16 rounds of 9mm is a much fairer retail, and I see
8mm German boxes sells for $5.00 to $10.00 a box (depending on the loading)
at gun-shows, as millions of 8mm boxes were produced

The online auctions are full of auctions at high prices but they are not selling, very often.
If sold by the wooden case I would pay $5.00 a box to resell at the $10.00 a box retail, and it would take years to sell them by the smaller boxes to box collectors and 9mm Luger pistol collectors. " A Box is 16 rounds on the 9mm"
Respectfully
Dave Call
hurdcall@yahoo.com

I agree that as far as us collectors are concerned those would be high asking prices, but from what I have seen over the past couple years, the 9mm boxes seem to go for $20 to $30 per 16rd box. I think people buy them for the iron core nature of the bullet, or for just having a box of German WWII ammo to put on a shelf because it is relatively rare to the non full-time collector.

The sleeve prices and others are what I have seen on Gunbroker, which as we know, can generate fairly odd prices (I have seen $40 cartridges go for a few dollars, and I have seen $5 cartridges go for $40).

[quote=“DKConfiguration”]I agree that as far as us collectors are concerned those would be high asking prices, but from what I have seen over the past couple years, the 9mm boxes seem to go for $20 to $30 per 16rd box. I think people buy them for the iron core nature of the bullet, or for just having a box of German WWII ammo to put on a shelf because it is relatively rare to the non full-time collector.

The sleeve prices and others are what I have seen on Gunbroker, which as we know, can generate fairly odd prices (I have seen $40 cartridges go for a few dollars, and I have seen $5 cartridges go for $40).[/quote]

Amen that Matt :-) I do go to about 30 or more gun-shows a year for the better deals, as the online auctions have become mostly “Thanksgiving” Pie in the sky.
Still hoping your going to print those great books again, I missed out on the last copies ! :-)
Best,
Dave