Paper box storage?

Operating under the theory that todays trash may be tomorrows treasure, I would like to hoard-back empty cartridge boxes I have. I don’t have the room to display them so I thought I might put them in ammo cans, like the 20mm can I showed in an earlier post, and store them somewhere like the attic. Many are to new to peek interest now, even to give them away, but I HATE to throw them away!

Advice and recommendations would be appreciated.

[quote=“Shotmeister”]Operating under the theory that todays trash may be tomorrows treasure, I would like to hoard-back empty cartridge boxes I have. I don’t have the room to display them so I thought I might put them in ammo cans, like the 20mm can I showed in an earlier post, and store them somewhere like the attic. Many are to new to peek interest now, even to give them away, but I HATE to throw them away!

Advice and recommendations would be appreciated.[/quote]
Storage in the cans is good but, keep the cans out of the attic ( heat ) and, in a cool dry out of the sunlight . M. Rea

I’ve had boxes-empty or a few cartridges in them that I have stored in normal cardboard boxes for 30-40 years with no obvious degradation. Some were already old (pre WWII) when I stored them. Never put them in the attic-good advise from mdrea- but stored in closets in the house, basement, etc depending on where we were living at the time.

I don’t claim this is the answer, just offered as one data point.

Cheers,

Lew