Penquin 12 gauge Twin Shot shells

I have seen the ShellCracker bird dispersing shotgun shells, but was not familiar with these all plastic Penquin Twin Shot shells. The headstamp is PENQUIN 12 TWIN SHOT 12. The mouths of all five shells have cracked.

My my Guy, a nice new (to me) all-plastic shell AND BOX! Very, very nice.

Chief

You can see the brown paper Twin Shot box version behind & center…and Guy’s box as well…I would not call either of the 5 round boxes rare, the larger teleshot is harder to find in good shape

Bird “bombs’ from my special purpose display years ago…the three center “tan-ish-gray” hulled (2 sectioned are Twin Shot and the “firecracker” to the right as well)

PS…no 12 ga “flashbangs” in this tray (they were)…but kinda fit the same category of things that go boom twice

Pepper, what are the two cartridges on top of your bird bombs display? Electric fired 12,7 x 99 blanks?

.50 BMG blanks converted (not by me) with an electric squib for EOB bomb disposal (for a de-fuze-ing “wrench”) to spin an artillery fuze off before it detonates an artillery shell

Not a bird bomb (unless they don’t work)…then a lot of birds get scared away !

Pepper

[quote=“Pepper”].50 BMG blanks converted (not by me) with an electric squib for EOB bomb disposal (for a de-fuze-ing “wrench”) to spin an artillery fuze off before it detonates an artillery shell
[/quote]
We have similar cartridges in Spain for EOD use, but they are used for disrupting suspect parcels and the like, firing off a charge of water.
Early spanish rounds were common star-crimped 12,7 x 99 blanks, but at the present time the Palencia factory makes them in several sizes by cutting the case to a specified length.
The “chamber” of the firing device is the same, but the cartridges come in 3 sizes: 53, 67 and 77 mm.

I have a packet of the Twin Shot Shells the same as Guy’s but mine has been nibbled by the silverfish so is in pretty poor condition. The top flap has an orange coloured sticker attached with the printing NEW! IMPROVED! on it. The shotshells are not all-plastic but have a brass-washed steel head and a green plastic hull. It has a 12 GA REMINGTON PETERS h/s. I will post images when I can find my camera.

Is the green-coloured hulls with the Remington Peters h/s the more typically encountered shells with these Penguin Twin Shot Shells? I do like that packet and shells of Guy’s.

Ian B.

Not having had open many boxes of these, I can’t give an educated answer. I would say I see the grayish plastic more often.

The green hulled rounds I see tend to be the Tele Shot (and marked as such)…would venture a guess that unmarked green hulls might be the Twinshot

looking at my green hulls…the mid brass might be the Teleshot style and the low brass ? the Twinshot…I still venture that the teleshot tend to be hull marked