Pete deCoux .303 picture

.303 British incendiary tracer burst (three rounds) caught mid air in bright day light by Pete. What a camera! Igniter from last round has just become visible while the other two rounds are into the main trace (red) and are about to strike the steel plate. Smoke is from previous three round burst on the plate.

Are people in Arizona forced at gunpoint to wear bad language shirts and fire MGs??? In PA we’ll do all that without being forced!

Sorry Jon, I thought I had cropped the picture enough not to offend. My Bad. (Snicker) JH

The AR barrel is even more “interesting”.

Actually, I was being forced at gun point to shoot the Vickers by Pete, who wanted the photos! Truthfully though, there is a table full of open weapons pointed downrange in the foreground of the picture. Jh

Here is the next frame showing the last tracer’s igniter just starting to light the main mixture. The first of the three has hit the plate and the second is about to make contact. JH

Gee that photographer does good work for a cartridge collector.

You don’t seem to realise how lucky you are over there in the USA for the fact that you can actually own and shoot your own Vickers.

Oh we realize alright, California is only 90 miles from where these pictures we taken. Possession of a single one of these incendiary/tracer cartridges is a felony, let alone the Vickers!

Do you know what the markings on the rounds you were shooting were? I don’t know of any incendiary tracer loadings in .303.

Domestic manufacture on the .303 I/TR Falcon. The bullet is made from a new M62 tracer jacket with lead removed. 8.0 grains IM28 is pressed into the nose followed by a lead plug. Main tracer is R284 (USA), igniter is a pre-WW2 German mixture. Bullet is compacted to 108,000 psi & coned. Dia. is .312" Length of trace is about 900 meters. JH

[quote=“haak48”]
Oh we realize alright, California is only 90 miles from where these pictures we taken. Possession of a single one of these incendiary/tracer cartridges is a felony, let alone the Vickers![/quote]

I guess this is why the t-shirt is addressing to this situation.

Interesting. Please could you post some photos of your .303 I/T loads.

Yes, I understand Falcon’s remark about appreciating the freedom to shoot like this. It must be nice to live in a free country. I wish I did!

John, me too. So we are two now. Wouldn’t this qualify us for a minority with an overrepresented lobby in the UN and to claim an own state?

Pete, I always thought you were a photographer that collected cartridges, not the other way around. JH

Or…you could move to Arizona. Tons of room and you would be quite welcome. JH

Not in the cards, unfortunately. By myself, I would have left California soon after retirement ten or more years ago.

I would move to the USA if I could get in. I’m 20, not married, no kids or anything so if I could get a job over there then I would go. Apparently though it’s extremely difficult for a British citizen to get a work permit. Do you know anyone who needs someone who can work a lathe and milling machine?

Falcon
Try Ruger, right here in town, well a few miles out of town anyhow and a large employer in the area.