Peters 22 short

Greetings all.
This is my first post here, not really a cartridge collector. Having said that, while searching around my boxes of gun stuff today, I happened along 19 boxes of Peters .22 short. I presumed the labels were part of a “vintage reissue”. After a little research, I think I may be wrong.

sportingcollectibles.com/box … 2short.jpg

I think they were made in the 20’s… Does anyone here have any input on this? I originally acquired them in the interest of shooting them, a couple boxes are opened, but full, several unopened boxes with great condition labels, and one seems to be double labeled at the factory.

If I can figure out how to post pictures, I can supply them.

My hope is that someone with more experience than I have can shed some light on this.

Have I stumbled into treasure or simply 950 rounds of 22 short?

Thanks in advance, and greetings to all.

tdaddy762

tdaddy762–They are original boxes, not modern remakes. I would not shoot them as they are nice collectable boxes dating from 1926. Here is the page from the 1926 catalog showing your box.

tdaddy762–For instructions on how to post images on the Forum, click on “Posting Images on the Forum” from the list at the beginnings of the posts.

Thanks for the info. Understanding that all things are priced “to market”, any ideas or input on what they’re worth?

s1281.beta.photobucket.com/user/ … 55_975.jpg

s1281.beta.photobucket.com/user/ … 43_969.jpg

s1281.beta.photobucket.com/user/ … 43_474.jpg

an example of the poorer condition box.

Thanks for the input.