Peters Q S headstamped cartridges

I have a couple Peters Q S cartridges, and I’m looking for a list of known Quick Shot centerfire headstamps.
From The Cartridge Trader, March 1957-
“Frank Wheeler still wants a list of Peters Q.S. headstamps. An early Peters ad lists the following: 32 S&W; 38 S&W, 38 S&W Blank, 38 C.F.W., 44 C.F.W. and 44C.L.M.R. This ad also stated “Other cartridges will be added to the line.” Let’s have some help on this.”

There is a Peters headstamp checklist, in the May-June 1983, “The International Cartridge Collector”. (Number 316.) As luck would have it, I have issue 317…
Does anyone have an updated list, of the Peters Quick Shot headstamps?

Thanks,
Dan

DAN:

LET ME START BY INDICATING THAT I’M NO AUTHORITY WITH REGARD TO PETERS CARTRIDGES. FROM SPECIMENS IN MY COLLECTION OR THAT I HAVE PERSONALLY SEEN, I CAN CONFIRM THE EXISTANCE OF; 32 S.&W. - 38 S.&W. - AND 44-40. I HAVE NOT SEEN (THAT DOESN’T MEAN THEY DON’T EXIST) 38 S.&W. (BLANK LOADING), 38 C.F.W., 44 C.F.W. OR .44 C.L.M.R. THE 44-40 SPECIMENS I HAVE WERE HEADSTAMPED USING DIFFERENT BUNTERS, ONE HEADSTAMP IS LARGER THAN THE OTHER AND SPACED DIFFERENTLY. TO MY KNOWLEDGE, PETERS NEVER USED C.F.W., W.C.F. OR C.L.M.R. IN ANY OF THEIR HEADSTAMPS. IF THEY DID, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF SOME COLLECTOR COULD POST IMAGES. I’VE BEEN TOLD THAT THEY HEADSTAMPED SOME 44 RUSSIAN CARTRIDGES WITH THE Q S BUT AGAIN, I’VE NEVER ACTUALLY SEEN A SPECIMEN.
I APOLOGIZE THAT I CAN NOT BE OF MORE ASSISTANCE TO YOU.

The issue 316 pg 9 listing Dan is talking about. The 32 S&W is on twice see my red arrows.

I can confirm these are correct from my own collection, and have nothing else headstamped to add to this list.

It doesn’t have a CLMR or note blanks but just headstamps. I do know Peters loaded the CLMR with Quick Shot powder having seen a box, but not headstamped rounds.

So Dan are you taking headstamps with the QS in them or loads, loaded with the Quick Shot powder, to which, I can add .22 LR rimfire in both ball and shot.
peterslist_zpsd56c7852

Gents,

See this link to one Guy Hildebrand’s pages, http://milpas.cc/rifles/ZFiles/Misc/44-40/.44-40%20Winchester.htm scroll down to see a 44-40 QS with the C.F.W. head stamp.

Thanks GWB, Pete, and Scott,
Sorry for the delay getting back. I was hoping to have a pictures, but they did not turn out.
The round I have is headstamped: Q PETERS S 32-20
RC primer and flat nosed lead bullet. When I get good pictures, I’ll have someone post them.

Dan

Here are two .32 S&W one with the larger font, the other with the smaller font.

edit: Does anyone know what I am doing wrong…why just a link to the pics rather than the pictures being displayed?

To cartridgecorner:

You have 2 sets of [img] on both sides of your link… You only need 1 set, on either side of the link

Thanks. I also copied the wrong link…I used direct and it went just fine. Not sure why there were 2 img there, I did only put one on…strange…It appears the pics posted now

Here are the pictures Dan wanted to post:

And here is a Box I had in my archives as well as another headstamp.