Photobucket capacity

Does anyone know how many images can be stored in a Photobucket account before it becomes overloaded? I’ve been moving a lot of my cartridge photos to my account but I’m worried that it might crash if I overload it.

TIA

Ray

Ray,

If you check the terms of service, I believe you’ll find that the limit on the “free” service is predicated on the amount of traffic. If you post an image in some thread where it is constantly being viewed, each call to view the image counts against your traffic maximum; the cumulative amount per month is the key, not the number of images stored.

Note there are other such hosting services, one of which is:

http://hunt101.com/

Teak

Thanks for that info. I did not know that.

I suppose I should be less careful of how many images I have on file and more careful of where I post them.

Ray

Ray,

To the contrary, thank you for raising the question. As a mod, one thing I should have been doing is editing quoted replies which contain previously posted images to minimize the server space here and the traffic on the hosting sites. One of those CRS moments.

[quote=“Iconoclast”]Ray,

To the contrary, thank you for raising the question. As a mod, one thing I should have been doing is editing quoted replies which contain previously posted images to minimize the server space here and the traffic on the hosting sites. One of those CRS moments.

.[/quote]

Iconoclast

That would also speed up the download times to open each post considerably, good idea.

gravelbelly

This sounds stupid I know…I know how to upload pics and send them through email and such, but how do you upload a pic for this site???
Steve[/img]