Thought some of you might be interested in these loads. From Left to right:
The cartridges below, from left to right are:
- Black plastic sabot with a hardened steel penetrator by American Arms of Salt Lake City, UT in the early 1980s. Designed to penetrate Soviet body armor-no evidence of production.
- Steel bullet by American Ballistics of Marietta GA, sold in the early 1980s. Commercial production
- Also an American Ballistics product from the mid 1980s, sold commercially and to the US Military
- Special purpose load called RYNO. Used in a special purpose weapon. No other information available
- Tubular bullet made from steel with a GM surface to ride the bore. Hole from tip through base. Disk closes off the base of the bullet when fired and still in barrel. By Guilford Engineering, Guilford CT. Purchased by the FBI special teams
- Similar to 5, and also produced by Guilford, this round has a very deep hollow point and a solid base. Also purchased by the FBI
- Steel bullet produced and sold commercially by National Cartridge Co, Atlanta GA in the mid 1980s.
- Also by National Cartridge but with a brass sabot to ride the bore
- Late KTW round-brass alloy bullet core
- Early KTW with magnetic bullet
- Saboted steel penetrator produce by Lightfield Cartridges of NJ.
And then the front views from left to right in two photos.