Pictures of my Pinfire Collection

Here is my collection I have built so far of Pinfire Cartridges

Top Row: 15mm
2nd Row from Top: 12mm short, medium and long
2nd Row from Bottom: 9mm
Front row: 2mm short and long, 5mm, 7mm

2mm short, long,5mm,7mm,9mm,12mm short, long, 15mm

2mm: I have 3 distinct sizes I will show the 3rd when I take a picture of my 2mm pinfire guns.

5mm

7mm: I will post my 7mm pinfire gun in a reply

9mm

12mm

3 Distinct 12mm sizes

15mm: raised G h/s

Size… …Headstamp
2mm blank…blank
2mm …blank
2mm long blank…blank
2mm Xythos blank…blank
5mm blank…G 5
5mm…B:raised
5mm…ELEY 5M:raised
5mm shot…5:raised
5mm shot…B:raised
5mm shot…blank
5mm shot…5:raised
7mm…7 ELEY:raised
7mm…BB 7:raised
7mm…7:raised
7mm shot…blank
7mm shot…7
7mm shot…7:raised
9mm blank…BB 9:raised
9mm…SFM * 9 *
9mm…SFM 9:raised
9mm…SB:raised
9mm…U
9mm…9 ELEY:raised
9mm…B BRUXELLES:raised
9mm shot…9:raised
12mm Short…U
12mm Short…G:raised
12mm Short…BB 12
12mm Short…* FUSNOT * BRUXELLES
12mm Medium…12:raised
12mm Long…H*B PARIS:raised
12mm Long…blank
15mm…G:raised

I may be wrong on a couple of these on whether or not they are shots or blanks

French 6shot 7mm revolver
Austrian 6shot 2mm revolver
Japanese single shot pinfire pistol (ha, edited out the unacceptable word, “berloque”)

shown with 2mm Xythos blanks

Let me take the occasion to protest, once again (!) against the use of the word “BERLOQUE” , noted in most of the English and German litterature about miniature revolvers in 2 mm PF calibre.

This stupid orthographic error is patent, coming from the original misreading of the actual French word “BRELOQUE”(corresponding to kind of toy, token or cheap jewelery, most of time hanging from a chain, for instance a key chain or ring), a misreading, said I, made by somebody who had not one ounce of knowledge of the French language.

As usual, when such mispelling or misreading does show up, and is printed in a book or article, ii will be usually repeated mechanically by the next pen-followers, again and again, until the bitter end !

It is especially boring as Berloque just means nothing at all…, sounds quite stupid and does not even exist in the French vocabulary thesaurus!!!

Let’s hope that, some day cleaver people will stop using such barbarisms!!!

But maybe, here is no more hope at all, as said once Dante Aligheri !!!

Very friendly to everybody and take care!

Philippe

I changed my wording, but there is actually a lot of debate over the term, breloque, or berloque.
Konrad F. Schreier wrote a couple different articles (in the July and August 1978 issues of Arms Gazette)citing a 1902 French catalog using the term “Pistolet Breloque,” but “berloque” IS infact definitely a word, it is just German, not French. And since most of the early berloque pistols were made in Austria and Germany this is why most people prefer this term. The guy, Franz Pfannl, who patented and produced the first one (in 1899) was even from there.

Also, the only book I know of written solely on these, by Bob Urso, prefers the term “Berloque.”