Pictures

I will be really interesting to see pictures of these rare cartridges I will maybe never see in real life! Thanks in advance to everybody who’s agree to share his cartridges!

Austria : 18.84 x 57R W

Here’s a Krnka cartridge next to a .42 Berdan and a 7.62x54R.

I have a 11mm Murata case but it’s empty. I’ll post pics later if no one posts photos of a complete one.

I can help with a few:
First are my two 8mm Muratas. The one on the left is a standard ball round, no headstamp, protected primer. The second is made in Japan on a reused 7.62x54R Russian case. It has a raised Russian headstamp and an impressed Japanese mark.

Next is a 9.1mm Abadie.

Last is my “reconstructed” 11mm Murata case.

Thanks for these nice pictures, the 8mm murata is really interesting to see the base!

60 Jingal with 50 Browning
[/img]
60 Jingal headstamp
[/img]

What in the world was the .60 Jingal used for?

Steve

[quote=“stevef”]What in the world was the .60 Jingal used for?

Steve[/quote]
Steve, it was used in a Chinese wall gun about the time of the Boxer rebellion. M. Rea

Maybe some people using this forum and have an advanced collection will contribute?

Laurent

• the 9.1 abadie is a regular 380/9 CF. Nothing different except the price !
    (it is the same for a lot of ctges you find in the EB book)
  • about the 11 mm Murata you have also the US one with no hstp and slightly different
  • You have two different Jingal calibers

If nobody show you the RF ctges you need I will post some pictures of my collection. Same for Treille de Beaulieu

Which ctge is 20,8*96,6R ?
JP

Anyone have a picture of some of the hard to find German WW II 7.92x57 rounds? Massive steel core ect.??

Steve

aa

about the 20,8*96,6R, i found it in the book of P. Regenstreif “culots de munitions” volII in the cyrillic’s section

As anybody else had ever seen these cartridge?

[quote=“Laurent”]about the 20,8*96,6R, i found it in the book of P. Regenstreif “culots de munitions” volII in the cyrillic’s section

As anybody else had ever seen these cartridge?[/quote]

If you mean the Russian 8-line wall gun cartridge the correct caliber will be 20.32mm.

If you mean the Russian 8-line wall gun cartridge the correct caliber will be 20.32mm.

Maybe you’re true, I just seen this caliber in a book! Have you got a picture, please?

nobody else??

[quote=“Jon C.”]I can help with a few:
First are my two 8mm Muratas. The one on the left is a standard ball round, no headstamp, protected primer. The second is made in Japan on a reused 7.62x54R Russian case. It has a raised Russian headstamp and an impressed Japanese mark.

Next is a 9.1mm Abadie.

Last is my “reconstructed” 11mm Murata case.

[/quote]

The “reworked” 7.62 case with Murata bullet is more likely a display item than a tactical round. The protected primer design was needed as the Murata was a tubeular feed system and even with a flat nose bullet they found that the recoil would set off shells in the tube. The large primer of the 7.62 would not have worked.

I have several reworked Russian 7.62s which were made up for Japanese patriotic organizations early in the 1900s to sell to raise money for the relief of injured soldiers. They are loaded with a variety of bullets , have original Russian markings and added Japanese stamps in various locations. All are rare.

8 AND 11mm MURATA images from our reference CDB on the subject. There are internal variations on the 11mm case which have not yet been published. I will be adding this to the CDB later this year.

Our specimen and reference photo from Woodin Lab.

MANY OF THESE RARE ITEMS AND OTHERS CAN BE SEEN ON OUR ON-LINE MUSEUM AND DEAQUISITION SALE AT AUCTIONARMS.COM - SAME USER NAME “CSAEOD”. ENJOY THE PHOTOS OR BUY SOMETHING.

A COUPLE OF RARE RIMS FOR YOUR PHOTO ALBUM

FIRST MODEL U.S. .50 PROOF
12.7 SOVIET SCHVAK API
13MM POLTE A.T. CASE

[quote=“CSAEOD”]A COUPLE OF RARE RIMS FOR YOUR PHOTO ALBUM

Thank you very much! very interesting cartridges, some I had never seen like the .50 Rimmed!