Pilot Extra Fine Point Permanent Marker - Black

For those who are looking for a source for the Pilot SCA-UF Permanent Markers that we all like so much for marking our cartridges, Pilot now has an online store:

pilotpen-store.com/product_d … CAUF%20BLK

The pens are $1.59 each and there does not appear to be a minimum order, but minimum shipping cost is $3.95 for orders up to $14.99. Go here for shipping information.

pilotpen-store.com/customer_care.asp

For those not familiar with this pen, it is, in my opinion, the best pen type for marking cartridges. I have used them for almost 40 years and have never had a problem. The writing is easily removed with Acetone and even after being on a cartridge for 30+ years it leaves no marking behind.

Unlike the other brands of so-called “Perminent” fine point markers, the Pilot will not rub off or smudge with handling.

Ron,

Don’t remember if it was you or someone else who posted this a couple years back, but I ordered several boxes for my last deployment–they work great on the “Rite in the Rain” pages and logbooks that have become the industry standard in our work, and they hold up better than other pens, pencils, etc. in “austere conditions.” I haven’t used them for cartridges, but I use them for everything else.
Thanks

Taber10–Yes, it was I who posted information on these pens before. At that time Pilot did not have a web page or sell directly to the public. I had found an office supply store that would ship them, but the minimum order was a case of 24 boxes. So I posted on the Forum soliciting others to order through me to make up the minimum. I ended up ordering about 3 or 4 cases. I told another new collector about these Pilot pens yesterday and it was he who actually found the information I posted last night.

Ron - this is a bit cheeky, but these are very hard to get in the UK and are not listed on the UK distributors’ site. Can you get a few and bring them to SLICS?

Thanks
TonyE

[quote=“TonyE”]Ron - this is a bit cheeky, but these are very hard to get in the UK and are not listed on the UK distributors’ site. Can you get a few and bring them to SLICS?

Thanks
TonyE[/quote]

IIRC Ron isn’t going to SLICS this year, but perhaps he could send a few to Zac Weighman to be carried to St. Louis for you (you two will have to figure out the payment plan)?

Tony and Tailgunner–Unfortunately a lack of finances will prevent me from attending SLICS.

As for the Pilot Pens, I have no plans on ordering any. I still have a couple of boxes from 2 years ago.

Tailgunner, any chance you could order them for Tony? It would make more sense than me ordering them and then having to find someway to get them to SLICS.

I have some extras because I ordered a box and they seem to last forever so I’ll bring extras to SLICS.

Thank you very much gentlemen, and I look forward to seeing you at SLICS. Sorry you won’t be there Ron.

Regards
TonyE

Tony–Not as sorry as I will be. I used to go to the old Chicagoland show every year from 1968-1988, but SLICS 2010 was the first show I had been able to go to since 1988. I had hoped to be there again this year, but it didn’t happen. Hoping to make it next year.