Pin fire cartridges Help

Hi
found this in a box of mix cartridges. Would any one have some info on them & how do you measure a pin fire cartridge to find out what size it is . Cant even find info if they are a collectable & any value. And also another small if it is a cartridge has a little bump on the end.
Thanks for any info .
Neil

The cartridge with the “bump” is a .32 cal. teat fire , round teat. For the Moore teat fire revolver. was a front loaded cylinder to get around the Rollin White patent owned by S&W. quite common. Can’t help with the pin fires.

Pin Fires for revolvers are commonly found in 2, 5, 7, 9 & 12 mm. From the 7’s on two of them you have it looks like you have two 7mm’s. The other looks to be a 9mm but you can measure the body or the bullet to give a ballpark ID. As to value the shot load 5-10 the Eley ball a little less 3-8 & the 9 which looks to be US made BUT I could well be wrong 2-5. The Eley shotshells being brown paper (cheapest grade so most common) 3-5 each.

Thanks you all this a great help. If you don’t mine here is a few more from this box . I have no idea what they are & if they have any value. I know in the red box was told they are 38 long & have no head stamp

I put a few more pics up on other cartridges that was in this box. Some look like they wore kick around ??

Gunsdora
The great lot of bags you show appear to have the contents names on them, so problem solved on that part.

In each IAA Journal is a very general list of prices for a different field of collecting. Joining the IAA would not only allow you to study the various prices but to read the great articles that are part of the journal. Back issues are available as well as an e-journal to make overseas mailing costs zero.

The ones that look like they were "kicked around "are Boxer rolled brass cases: .577 Snider (also used in the 577/450 Martini Henry) blanks and Snider ball rounds. The case walls are thin & easy to dent. Finding one without a dent is a VERY hard thing to do.

OK great thanks for that info… I’ve learnt in the past that the name on the bag is not all ways what is in the bag. but I’m learning.