[PL] PACKAGING AND MARKING OF PACKAGING POLISH SMALL ARMS AMMUNITION Vol. II 1939-1945

Maybe not perfect, but it is … :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A3wXTHM9phJr_YrBjiI85clpLUhEii91/view?usp=sharing

PAKOWANIE I ZNAKOWANIE OPAKOWAŃ POLSKIEJ AMUNICJI STRZELECKIEJ
Cz. II
1939-1945
pod niemiecką okupacją

I. Amunicja polska reetykietowana
II. Amunicja polskiego wzoru lub z polskich komponentów
III. Amunicja produkcji niemieckiej - okupacyjna

9x19
7,92x33
7,92x57
7,92x107 Pz. B. Patrone 35 ( p )

PACKAGING AND MARKING OF PACKAGING
POLISH SMALL ARMS AMMUNITION
Vol. II
1939-1945
under german occupation

I. Polish re-labeled ammunition
II. Ammunition polish design or from polish components
III. Ammunition german production - occupation

9x19
7,92x33
7,92x57
7,92x107 Pz. B. Patrone 35 ( p )

Egzemplarz bezpłatny / Freebook
VER. 1.0

3 Likes

Piotr, great work again! Thanks a lot for sharing!

Thank you for sharing.
From your previous volume I gather that Poland originally did not print the caliber on cartridge box labels for the Mauser type rifle. Then in 1930 the number “7,92” began to be printed, to be replaced by “7,9” from 1935 onwards.

On the basis of the preserved markings the packaging, can be judged like that. However, there is almost no information from the 1920s.

Hello, What about 7.62x38r, is there any information on that round, and is any of that prewar ammunition available, as I would like to have some to go with my Original Polish Nagant Pistol. Thanks

add
Finnish repackig polish ammo 7,92x57 from IIWW

from: https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=9925

1 Like

It seems the Germans had no use for “S” bullet loads and relayed their stocks to Finland who had a hard time supplying it’s troops with arms and ammunition.

Anybody to tell if Germany used any “S” loads in WW2?

Alex, for you, -:)

Willem, thanks! :-)
I kinda knew if one would set it straight it would be you!

Do you happen to know if there ever was an order not to use the “S” anymore? Means like after 1940.

No, I am sorry.
I even do not know for who these „S“rounds were made for.

The highest lot I have is SB St 4 42.
It could be an export order for Sweden.

@PJB , great Job. Thank you.

I am sorry for the conversation with Alex in your threat

Best Regards

Willem, thanks!
As per the open factory marking these SB “S” loads were for export.

The SB and Z headstamps, in German style and on LS cases, appear on a Swedish Wall chart I have of various 8 mm cartridges in use there. The “Z” headstamp also appears on a 9 x 19 mm Parabellum round - Z St 1 42. The only documentation I have for it is that most of the rounds I know of, including my own, came out of Sweden. That is no guarantee that they were not also used in other countries, including those in 7.9 x 57 mm.

John Moss