Plainsman Air Shot...for "air shot gun" (question answered)

What do I have here ? (I answered it via Google)

…so since I Photo Bucketed the pictures…here they are

Contents 25 .28 cal Plainsman Air Shot Shells

Note the top row 4 to the right (only three there…I opened one) have a dark stained felt closure wad

Upon investigation…the shot in those dark wadded looks to be “tiny” @ maybe # 10 shot

Whereas the white wadded tubes appear to have approx # 7 ½ shot

Now this from Auction Arms

Plainsman .28 cal Air Shotgun Shells - very rare
Air Gun - Rifles - Item# 10230130

Plainsman .28 cal Air Shotgun Shells in excellent condition - They have been stored in a heated warehouse for over 30 years - The full pack has some minor shelf wear from storage - This is a very rare item and it would fill a hole in most airgun or ammo collections - They were made for the rare Plainsman .28 cal air shotgun
Sold for $40

The Auction Arms seller’s box is several grades “prettier” than mine…but I have 2 sizes of shot !!

Other notes I found on the internet

One…

CHALLENGER ARMS CORP.PLAINSMAN,AIR SHOT GUN,.28 CAL.SWING ARM PUMP PNEUMATIC,MARKED"S" RHS FORWARD SIDE RECIEVER,USES SPECIAL PRE PACKED CARDBOARD SHOT SHELLS. COMES WITH FULL BOX RARE SHELLS. AIR SHOTGUN PUMPS AND HOLDS AIR. HAS SOME MARKS ON FRONT SIGHT BAND, LOOKS AS MARED WITH PLYERS CAN BE SEEN IN PHOTO.THIS IS USED SHAPE BUT NOT ABUSED,BEEN IN COLLECTION FOR YEARS

Two…

I know I paid dearly for some tubes a decade ago. The problem at the time was the BB tube collectors were also interested in it because it came in a “tube”! So we were competing with another branch of the hobby.

Three…

the “Plainsman Air Shot”. it was a multi pump pneumatic shotgun. i don’t know if Healthways made it. i had one as a kid. it was .280 caliber smooth bore and it used little cardboard tubes loaded with # 9 birdshot. there was a felt wad at each end of the tube

Four

The Plainsman .280" air shotgun is another rare item which owes its desirability as a collectors’ item to its failure as a marketing and functional item. the gun had a hollow bolt. you placed the cardboard shell in the breach and pushed the bolt thrue it and that pushed the shot and wads into the bore. the air transfer port had a kind of grate so the shot would not fall into the air transfer tube. you could re-load them