Please help me identify this shotgun shell

All I have is the brass bottom. Marking on the shell are “MAGC” and “NOIRE” It is a 12 gauge shell. Please help me identify this shell. I have searched the net but no luck.

Bill

Welcome, Bilbo!

I am NO shotshell expert, but there are many here…

My first guess is that NOIRE may have something to do with being blackpowder. I know other cartridges and especially boxes were sometimes marked “poudre Noire”

Do you happen to have a picture you could show us of the headstamp and the whole shell?

Also, it is probably French; as “noire” is Black in French.

But I could be completely wrong, for all I know “Noire” was some English man’s last name who made this. =)

It could be " 12 MACC 12 PTE Noire " for exemple if you picked up this shell in Africa.

A picture would help

JP

The shell did come form Africa. It is part of a Teke tribe protection fetish from the Congo. It does have " 12 MACC (or MACG) 12 PTE NOIRE" on it. Any more information on this shell or the manufacturer. I am trying to date it.

Thanks,
Bill

[quote=“bilbo7142”]The shell did come form Africa. It is part of a Teke tribe protection fetish from the Congo. It does have " 12 MACC (or MACG) 12 PTE NOIRE" on it. Any more information on this shell or the manufacturer. I am trying to date it.

Thanks,
Bill[/quote]

12 MACC 12 PTE Noire :
MACC means Manufacture d’Armes et de Cartouches Congolaise
It was made by SFM from 1967 to 1969

JP