PMC 1986 45 Auto box, previously unknown U.S. address

Recovered a camouflage color scheme PMC 45 Auto box with printing date of June 1986, and address as follows:
Imported and distributed by
PAN METAL CORPORATION
Los Angeles, California 90036

Lot is LOT NO:45A-107.
Box is “Printed in U.S.A.” with contents “Made in Republic of Korea”. Contents unknown but cardboard is heavier than normal for PMC, size of tray box would hold is larger than PMC 45 Auto tray, box would accommodate tray the size of generic black plastic trays used by Aguila for Mexican-made PMC, BHA, and some Winchester Ranger.
As far as I can ascertain, address is previously unknown for Pan Metal Corporation.

dArtagnan–I believe that is the original import address when PMC first came on the market.

d’Artagnan, that adress was used between early 1984 and late 1986. Full adress was 5900 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90036.

This advertisement is dated June/July 1986:

That outfit went for multiple meanings of the initials PMC - including Poongsan Metals Corporation, Pan Metals Corporation, Patton Morgan Corporation, and possibly others, like Precision Made Cartridges. I’m not sure just what it is now - it was called Eldorado Cartridge for awhile, and was operated as a subsidiary of Poongsan, a Korean company. Maybe someone can provide a brief history of this brand. I can’t.

The PMC name, as best I know has always officially stood for “Ponngsan Metals Corp”. On the American literature and packaging like that camo box, they used “Pan Metals Corp” to avoid having what was thought to have what many customers would misinterpret as a Chinese-sounding name, which could have been interpreted as low quality surplus. “Patton Morgan Corp” is what they first decided to call themselves when the American factory was set up in Nevada (El Dorado) to sound more American, but they quickly switched to Pan Metal corp. “Precision Made Cartridges” is just a current play on their company name abbreviation, and it sounds much better for marketing purposes than the orient-sounding “Poongsan Metals corp”, or so they must think.

Some data I found online (from here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/archive/index.php/t-283347.html) said the following:

[quote]PMC’s American factory was always owned by the Korean parent company.
Poongsan Metal Corporation of Korea was founded in 1968 by Ryu Chan-u. He was considered the “godfather” of the Korean defense industry. PMC originally opened up a US subsidiary in the late 1970’s to import ammo from the Poongsan factory in Korea. The American subsidiary was first called Patton Morgan Corp. and then later changed it’s name to Pan Metal Corp. Later on they started importing ammo from Mexico and the Phillipines too.
The American subsidiary has always been run by one of the children of the founder of Poongsan Metal Corporation. I think his daughter, Mi Ryu Ahn, made the decision to shut down the PMC/Eldorado Cartridge factory in Nevada. That factory only made PMC’s premium hunting and self defense ammo. Everything else has always been imported.[/quote]
There is also a more detailed listing of the Korean production / name history here:
http://www.afte.org/ExamResources/gallery2/v/Headstamp-Gallery/Letters_001/P_001/PSD.jpg.html

This a compilation of US company names and adresses as reflected by advertisements (1981-1997):

1981 (early) - Patton & Morgan Corp., 405 Park Ave., New York, NY 10022.
1981 (late) - Patton & Morgan Corp., 6 East 45th Street, New York, NY 10017. In early 1982 “Precision Made Cartridges” phrase was first used.
1984 (early) - Patton & Morgan Corporation, 5900 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90036.
1984 (mid) - Pan Metal Corporation, 5900 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90036.
1987 (early) - Pan Metal Corporation, 4890 Alameda Street, Vernon, CA 90058.
1987 (early) - Pan Metal Corporation, 4890 South Alameda Street, Vernon, CA 90058 (just a minor adress correction). In late 1988 “Precision-Made Cartridges” phrase was first used.
1989 (early) - PMC/Eldorado Cartridge Corporation, P.O. Box 308, Boulder City, NV 89005.
1989 (mid) - PMC Ammunition/Eldorado Cartridge Corporation, Box 308, Boulder City, NV 89005.
1990 (early) - PMC Ammunition/Eldorado Cartridge Corporation, Box 308, Boulder City, NV 89005-0308.
1991 (late) to 1997 (late) - PMC Ammunition/Eldorado Cartridge Corporation, P.O. Box 62508, Boulder City, NV 89006-2508.

Data keeps changing almost every year up to 2012.

Two or three years ago I was talking to the people at PMC/Eldorado and they told me that now the PMC stands for Precsion Made Cartridges. You can also see that on the ad Fede posted. I recall it from later ads also.

Cheers,

Lew