PMK-V Patrone with reloaded case

Some days ago I’ve got 7,9x57 cartridge PMK-v. For the first look it is a standard german speciment - tombac platted bullet, green ring at the nose, black ring around case mouth and primer. The condition of it was not very good and I even didn’t want to take it in my collection. But one moment was strange in this cartridge - it has typical features of reloaded case - folded line between case neck and shoulders, recrimped primer. It’s even easy to see the remains of red varnish inside previous crimps.

I was surprised of this, because I thinking that such special cartridges couldn’t be assembled with reloaded case.

Did it was standard practice for German in time of WWII? And why this case didn’t have line with dents around it’s body, which indicate reloaded case?

[img]

i185.photobucket.com/albums/x320 … 014530.jpg

i185.photobucket.com/albums/x320 … 014517.jpg

i185.photobucket.com/albums/x320 … 014523.jpg
[img]

In the air battle with England the ammunition consumption rise to a point where the stored ammunition was used up quickly. The ammunition plants where busy to produce normal Infantry ball ammunition.
So older and even civil cases where used to produce aircraft ammo. The B Patrone was shortly loaded in steel cases and even stocks of loaded ammunition was reloaded - the old bullets where pulled and new PmK ect where loaded.

This was normal.

You can read it on the label.

Cases brass P different lots took apart by aux

The code

[quote=“Dutch”]This was normal.

You can read it on the label.

Cases brass P different lots took apart by aux

The code

treshkin,

“versch” ( verschiedene ) = various/several
" L " ( leiferungen ) = Lots
"zerl " ( zerlegt ) = extract / pull out

451kr.

“zerl” is “disassembled”

Thanks for translation and abbreviation expansion.

As I understand the cartridges on the picture was made with cases of disassembled cartridges from the stocks? That is why cartridge on my picture didn’t have line with dents on the body, i.e. it was made not using fired case, but with case of disassembled usual cartridge?