PODIUM, a new brand of S&B

On a visit to Sweden I notice these boxes were sold in a local gun shop.
They were available in several calibres.

Rgds
Dutch

as in “the Winner’s Podium” ( in the Olympic Games, etc)…a “Winning” Marketing Ploy.

Looks like classic ammo, with a Lightweight FMJ ( 124 grain)…Funny the Packet shows the “Nett Explosive Content” ( 140 grams in 50 cases==2,8 grams per case==43.3 grains Powder per load…quite a stiff load for a 6,5 Swede (unless it is a very slow Powder?:"?:?:) Just going on my interpretation of “Innenhaller” as Being “Content” and “krut” as “Powder”…maybe some one with better Swedish Language Knowledge can enlighten Me etc.

the use of “NEC” or NEQ(uantity) is usually found on other Explosive-containing Products under HAZMAT–Dangerous Goods Regulations, but rarely on ammunition due to its “Safety” classification
(Class 1.4S)

Doc AV

Here some more on it:

interjakt.com/index.php/kamp … ammunition

Can anybody tell if “Interjakt” is the one who placed the order on this “Podium” cartridge line?

Hi!

to complete your translation from Swedish language

-helmantlade patroner = FMJ bulleted cartridges

-jakt och övningsskyte = (for) hunting and training

-Rögsvagt krut = smokeless powder

-kula = bullet

-vikt = weight

-innehäller = load

I hope to have been of some help…

Reminds me that many years ago, I was (shortly) married to a Swede… well, God didn’t help me so much then !!! but as you can see, even late sequels may be helpful some times !!!

Cheers !

Phil

[quote=“EOD”]Here some more on it:
interjakt.com/index.php/kamp … ammunition
Can anybody tell if “Interjakt” is the one who placed the order on this “Podium” cartridge line?[/quote]Yes, Interjakt is the hunting supplies wholesaler behind this line of hunting/training ammo. We have earlier discussed their ‘Scandium’ line of cartridges, produced by Norma.
Interjakt advertise themselves as an ‘Ekonomisk Forening’ which I think translates best as: Cooperative association

Guntex is a danish wholesaler who has also bought ammo from Norma for their shops.
Soren

As already mentioned by Soren, both Podium and Scandium are trademarks owned by InterJakt Ekonomisk Förening. The first one was registered by in 2012 and the second in 2005.