Polish 8mm Mauser ammo 1937 & 38

Have acquired five boxes of Polish 8mm ammo in relatively nice shape. I’m completelly new to cartridge collecting and wonder if I have “just shoot it” ammo or something of interest. Four boxes are made by POSISK and the other by P.W.U. Is there a forum where I could find the value for these cartridges? Help appreciated.

I am not an expert, but I do collect WWII German boxed ammo, and branch into “captured” stuff too…

In my experience, any boxed pre-WWII Polish ammo is very hard to find. I have 1 decent box in my collection.

I would say don’t shoot it! If you have doubles, try taking them to a cartridge show, and see what you can sell/trade them for…

As for value, I am sure the real experts can help you there, but I would guess (a real SWAG) figure $20-$25 a box…

If you decide you’d like to sell on, pm me, I’d be interested in one…

This forum might benefit from a For Sale/For Trade board…

Polish boxes have come on the market in a good supply over the last couple of years. You need to post photos of the box labels and note the headstamps and the primer ring color to determine the value. Some are VERY valuable- most are not.

[quote=“pzjgr”]I am not an expert, but I do collect WWII German boxed ammo, and branch into “captured” stuff too…

In my experience, any boxed pre-WWII Polish ammo is very hard to find. I have 1 decent box in my collection.

I would say don’t shoot it! If you have doubles, try taking them to a cartridge show, and see what you can sell/trade them for…

As for value, I am sure the real experts can help you there, but I would guess (a real SWAG) figure $20-$25 a box…

If you decide you’d like to sell on, pm me, I’d be interested in one…

This forum might benefit from a For Sale/For Trade board…[/quote]

The buy sell trade aspect is being considered by the webmaster and the FPP . We are all waiting breathlessly for their decision.

I suggest shooting it up if it is the common 7.9 Mauser rifle ammo which has been in circulation recently. You will best find that out by posting the details here. Most of the ammo is good quality. I have full boxes dated back to the 20s and this ammo has been fired by other successfully.

DO YOUR BOXES LOOK LIKE THESE ?

Will photograph all boxes and post tomorrow. One box matches none of the photos posted above. One post comes close on others. I photograph, you decide. Thanks for the interest.

Have photos of 8mm Polish ammo boxes but have failed miserably at attaching same.