Possible Irainian 7.62x39?

Greetings all! This is my first post here, and I would like to hear some input about a case of 7.62x39 ammo I have.
My first thought was that this stuff might be South African, or possibly Portugese, but I’m starting to believe this is Irainian made ammo that was produced for use in the Yugoslavian Civil War. Here are the pics from the original crate that I bought almost ten years ago:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I will be sending a few rounds to someone I know who will disassemble one and weight the powder charge and projectile, then fire a few.

Is this Irainian made, or something else?

Yes, that is widely believed to be Iranian ammo. I found it to be reliable and fairly accurate, not to mention non-corrosive.

Thank you for the response. I’ve also heard this may be South African, but I have no pictures of how that ammo was packed.

Are there any links to other discussions on this board about the origin of this stuff?

The vinyl battle packs looks South African, lots of 7,62x51 R1M1 surplus’ed some years ago in exact same shape packs, but dark tan in color.
PMP made for Iran? -just a guess.
Soren

No, pretty sure it’s Iranian, and it has appeared here before.
Soren, do you really think PMP would let headstamps like those out of the factory?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7795&hilit=Iranian
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8685&hilit=Iranian
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7149&hilit=Iranian
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6138&hilit=Iranian

I have been told on good authority that this is Iranian. The same headstamp style occurs on 9x19. Note the square primer crimps. These are identical to those on my 9x19mm rounds with this headstamp style, as are the style of the letters on the headstamp. I have the same square crimps and letter style on ammunition with known Iranian headstamps in Farsi.

One caution. I have this same headstamp style on 7.62x54R. The actual headstamp is “7.62x54.R 04”. This ammo came out of Iraq in MG belts. The orange-red primer seal, and the letter style are typical PPU.

It appears not all of the cartridges with this headstamp style are from Iran, but your ammo sure looks like it is Iranian to me.

Cheers,
Lew

Thanks for the replys guys! If its ok with the Mods, I will be sure and post a link to the ammo test my friend will do in a few days/weeks.

I have heard that the berdan flasholes are off to one side, so when he takes everything apart, we can all see for ourselves.

[quote=“jonnyc”]No, pretty sure it’s Iranian, and it has appeared here before.
Soren, do you really think PMP would let headstamps like those out of the factory?

iaaforum.org/forum3/viewtopi … it=Iranian
iaaforum.org/forum3/viewtopi … it=Iranian[/quote]Your’e right, that would be too embarrasing…
Soren