"Post Omar" boxes

After Omar Hussein’s fatal attack back in january. the police ramped up firearms training quite a bit and the MEN contract is not enough. ATK was the chosen supplier for the extra contract(s) so we got a new danish police 9x19 box to collect.
Headstamp is the before seen style (clockwise from top) SPEER, 14, 9x19, 021 of which the last is probably the lot number. The two RUAG boxes is often found together with the ATK boxes with their white plastic inserts. I am not sure if Action Effect is the current name for the Action3 they used before, but we haven’t seen A3 boxes for a while now.
Not much is known about what ammo Omar used for his heinous act, but for the fact that an M/95 (Home Guard owned Diemaco C7) and HMAK/FMT acquired 5.56mm ammo coming from a violent robbery in the West Zealand area and two handguns, one in 9mm and one in 7.65/.32ACP were used by him. He was cornered the day after his attack and gunned down after threatening the PET action team that found him. He got off one shot with the 7.65, the projectile lodging in the steering wheel column of a police cruiser. The PET team, it was reported, had to fire over 30 (Action3?) rounds to take him out, allegedly due to the (probably Level IIA) vest he was wearing. His guns came from his gangbanger connections.

The picture was a mess to install since after an update to Flash the Photobucket links-copying-function does not work anymore on my daily machine. Hope they get it right soon.
Soren

Soren,

the Action Effect is NOT the same as the Action 3. The AE was adopted as police ammo in Netherland…but now The Netherland has switched to the NP (Netherland Police) * with an orange plastic-Tip, no longer green like the AE and the A3…
You can see that on the Data-Sheets from RUAG/DAG…
Sincerely
PP

[quote=“Forensic”]Soren, the Action Effect is NOT the same as the Action 3. The AE was adopted as police ammo in Netherland…but now The Netherland has switched to the NP (Netherland Police) * with an orange plastic-Tip, no longer green like the AE and the A3…
You can see that on the Data-Sheets from RUAG/DAG…
Sincerely
PP[/quote]OK, thanks, nice to know, I have yet to find any cases known to come from fired Action Effect cartridges, but I’ll update this post when/if it happens.
-Soren

Soren, the main difference between A3 and AE is, that the AE has no open center channel, like the A3…
If you need pics, please email me…I cannot post pics…
PP