Pre-NATO T65E4 and E5

Since the previous thread on the pre-NATO went overly long, I’d like to start a new thread to ask for anyone who has seen and can verify examples of the T65E4 and T65E5. They have lead core BT bullets, nominally 145 grains in weight, and will be found loaded in the 51mm case. The E4 has a GMCS jacket while the E5 has a GM jacket.

The only way I know of to ID one is to pull the bullet. I did find a dummy/drill round with the E4 bullet but have yet to find an E5. I’m sure if I pulled every bullet from every cartridge I’d eventually find one but that is a hard way to go.

The E5 evolved into the T233 bullet which came to be loaded as the M80 but a true E5 will be in a pre-NATO case.

Anybody?

Ray

Ray,

I’m probably missing something but…

If one finds a pre-NATO, 51mm cased ball loading with a non-magnetic, 10 ogive projectile, what could it be other than a T65E5?

Dave

Dave

Exactly. My question was, has anybody seen an E4 or E5 (T233) that they can verify?

Ray

Ray,

I’ll use a magnet rather than a bullet puller to verify a T65E5?

Dave

dave

If you find any that you think are E5, let me know the details. I think the only way you can be certain, 100%, would be to pull the bullet but i wouldn’t ask you to do that.

The same with E4.

Thanks

Ray