Presentation schnapps bottle in Nazi "shell."

aa

I wonder why it says “anti poison gas shell”. Makes rather little sense in German.

Maybe a contemporary idiom. You know how amusing those Nazis could be. Could mean “a little something to take away your dispepsia”. Not being a drinker I am not up on the “slang or art” related to alchohol in any language. Maybe someone at Junghans could answer that . I have not been able to get any reply from them about this fine gift.

Yes, it does, on our hunting association we have also some “shotshells” made from laquered porcelaine with the inscription: Antikopfweh-Patrone (against headache cartr.) and some other ones with “Gaspatrone”…in no means an Antigaspatrone…nono, …gas in this case is here the idiom if someone has “gas”…in special:if someone has drunk heavily and this alcohol in that drinking glasses is “against his gas”…
Maybe, he gets more drunk or whatever, who cares in such moments…
So, thats insription is maybe a joke, that the drinks at the inside of the grenade are an antidot for “giftgas” attacks…

GF
Forensic

I knew there was a drinker somewhere in Germany. I have seen three of these decanters in 50 years but only this one with an inscription. The inscription is actually cast not engraved. I would like to know if Junghans made these or had them made but they don’t co-operate. Maybe they don’t want people to know that they were active in WW2. I always took this to be a jovial new years greeting. Junghans LOVED this guy.

Yes, it does, on our hunting association we have also some “shotshells” made from laquered porcelaine with the inscription: Antikopfweh-Patrone (against headache cartr.) and some other ones with “Gaspatrone”…in no means an Antigaspatrone…nono, …gas in this case is here the idiom if someone has “gas”…in special:if someone has drunk heavily and this alcohol in that drinking glasses is “against his gas”…
Maybe, he gets more drunk or whatever, who cares in such moments…
So, thats insription is maybe a joke, that the drinks at the inside of the grenade are an antidot for “giftgas” attacks…

GF
Forensic[/quote]

I agree, certainly a joke but being German myself I’m still trying to “understand” the joke.

What effect does schnapps have on stomach and/or other human biological gases ?

I never had enough to find out.