Primer Marking

Has anybody come across these initials on a primer before and know who they are for?

I see them as >N R< (there may be a dot between the N & R but under a glass it looks like a small damage mark rather than a stamping).


Hi Mike,

It is a “NR” brand non-rusting primer made by Sellier & Bellot. In Czech language “NR” stand for Nerezavějící (rustproof).



Thanks Fede,

It turned up in a cartridge that I did not expect to see it in! (and it has not been reloaded). I was thinking it was a German or Belgium manufactured cartridge case so that fits very well.