PROBLEM-Lost Post: website is too busy to show the webpage

[quote]Well, it happened again. I spent twenty minutes on the computer research this topic for Lew, and then ten minutes writing out what I found (not that much), and posted it. I got a page that was titled “The website is too busy to show the webpage” along with opitions of refreshing the page or going back to my answer page. Doing either found the reply page now empty, with my work gone.

This is not my imagination folks, and the message tells me it is not my computer. It was in the Forum format.

If this can’t be resolved, there is no point to using this Forum. It just causes hours of lost work.

John Moss[/quote]

John, I have had the same problem so often that I now write my posts in Word and then cut and paste them into the forum reply!!!

Forum Managers:
THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM THAT HAVE NOT SEEN UNTIL JUST RECENTLY. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF IT IS SOMETHING THAT CAN BE FIXED, OR IF WE ARE SIMPLY GOING TO HAVE TO TYPE OUR POSTS IN OUR COMPUTERS AND THEN COPY & PASTE!!!

I am working on it. I haven’t experienced any of these issues that others have, thus I am only aware of the issue when it’s brought to my attention. It’s been brought to my attention.

Chris.

I just had the same problem - most annoying, I lost several minutes work responding to a topic.

I have not experienced this problem, but anyway I always write my posts in Notepad first, and then I copy and paste them into the forum. I don’t like Microsoft Word; for my longer writings I use WordPerfect.

I just started on a short answer on tracers that grew long and was entirely lost.

John is right, this problem cuts down on the utility of the Forum.

Thanks for working on it Chris!!!

Lew

Having had that problem on other forums, I make it a practice to select everything in my post, then click on “Edit” and “Copy” as a little insurance before clicking on “Submit” – that way if my post gets lost, all I need do is “Paste” it in the window, again.

Chris is well aware…but I have had zero problem posting…my problem precedes posting…40% of the time I cannot get on the Forum at all.

I have had some big time internet analysis by our IT folks here at work…and they assure me it is not our T1 lines or firewall…”They say server response issues”

Chris is on it…but the reason I post this is more of a question…has anyone else had anything similar?

Pepper

PS…typed in Word !)

I think Schneider and Pepper have got the right idea. Anything I posted in the old Forum that was longer than a few lines I typed in Word and copy & pasted it in the thread, and I would do the same in this new Forum. That way allows you to take your time editing, correcting typos etc, and it is simpler to use accents and other symbols that you have in your font. And most important it allows you to post quickly and you automatically have the original text on file to post again if anything goes wrong.

John E

On the topic of web site too busy, I have found out it is a problem with the iaa cookie in firefox when I get that message I go to the preferences and delete the iaa cookie and it then loads with out a problem. Vic

Pepper - I occasionally get a “server not responding” message, but then I just click the “try again” button on that window in the browser, and 90% of the time it loads properly within 5 seconds

Howdy everyone,
I am aware of the issues. I haven’t experienced a single one of these issues, so it’s tough for me to diagnose. I am trying to replicate the issue. Additionally, I have contacted the hosting service. I am aware and I am working on it.