Queen Elizabeths Lost Guns

Queen Elizabeths Lost Guns : Documentary.
A mile off the coast of the channel island of Alderney lies a shipwreck that could rewrite English naval history.
A team of divers and experts attempt to find and raise the ship’s four hundred year old cannon, and by recasting and firing them, they hope to demonstrate how the Elizabethan Navy’s use of uniform cannon paved the way for future naval warfare.

http://youtu.be/V05U5_w4IIM

Glenn

THANK YOU STONEWALL FOR BRINGING THIS VIDEO TO MY ATTENTION. I LOVE ALMOST ANYTHING TO DO WITH CANNONS - THE OLDER THE BETTER. THIS VIDEO, UNLIKE MOST VIDEOS ABOUT HISTORICAL EVENTS, ACTUALLY PROVED SOMETHING. MOST HISTORICAL INVESTIGATION VIDEOS, ESPECIALLY THOSE MADE IN THE GOOD OLD USA, SELDOM PROVE ANYTHING OTHER THAN, A BUNCH OF PEOPLE CAN SPECULATE IN BS FOR AN HOUR OR SO!!!

The trick to do a valid demonstration may be not so much recasting the guns but making blackpowder that exactly replicates Elizabethan blackpowder.

JPeelen
A valid point about the gunpowder !
I was quite concerned when I saw the cannon shooting set up and just what they were using for a back stop !!!

I found this late last night on another forum and immediately watched the whole program.
Many interesting related subjects were covered in the short time allowed.
The documentry was well done and I will investigate further on this stuff.

early Black powder ?
This should be interesting !

Glenn