Question to French members

Bonjour ;)

here’s my question: Can I legally leave France while having an INERT round of small arms ammunition in my luggage?

the round in question most probably will be disassembled into case (no primer) and projectile, and is of experimental variety (never adopted)
The round appears to be rare and I do not want to lose it or finish my Paris vacations with troubles at the customs.

I’m sure they have a firm law on such a thing, but I wonder if they would view the same inert cartridge differently at customs depending on whether it was by itself, or rigged up as a key chain with some keys attached to a chain / ring on it? Even if it were only temporarily rigged as a key chain by wrapping picture wire or something?

Hello

By plane, no luck to pass the customs !
Especially for a member of Russia.
What calibre of this ammunition ?

[quote=“mpopenker”]Bonjour ;)

here’s my question: Can I legally leave France while having an INERT round of small arms ammunition in my luggage?

the round in question most probably will be disassembled into case (no primer) and projectile, and is of experimental variety (never adopted)
The round appears to be rare and I do not want to lose it or finish my Paris vacations with troubles at the customs.[/quote]

the easiest way is to send a parcel from france to your addres in your country

and you write nothing on the parcel

[quote=“pierrejean”]Hello

By plane, no luck to pass the customs !
Especially for a member of Russia.
What calibre of this ammunition ?[/quote]

It’s some 7.5mm expermental French intermediate cartridge of late '40s or early '50s, separeted into empty case and bullet, that i want to obtain from a French collector.

Sending it via mail can or cannot work, as Russian mail regulations prohibit sending any ammo components via mail (bringing non-flammable and non-explosive componens like cases and bullets in luggae is Ok)

Looks like I’m out of luck here :(

if they are separate cases and bullet no problem !

You don’t go accross the customs when you go out of france

The only barrier is the security one.

And because you are trveling with airplane you are allowed to carry 5 kg of ammo if it is well secure into boxes.

The prblem is when you enter a country , not when you leave it.
Anytime I go to usa or elsewhere I put the unloaded ctges (and loaded ones) in my suitcase and when it is for usa I fill the file for the US customs and put the paper into the ctges box

jp

Janpierre, thanks a lot, you bringing me the hope ;)