Rare Eley shotshell

Here is an Ejector Eley shotshell

At first view it is classical but a carefull look shows a different primer :
one piece brass instead of two pieces (brass and copper)

On the primer is engraved CF Paris . It is for Cartoucherie Francaise Paris
Eley was subcontracting shotshells to this French company.

The dimensions are different (French standard instead of British standard, like all the other French manufactured Eley ctges).

Interesting thing is the fact Eley Ejector ctges are not shown in any catalogue of Cartoucherie francaise. (Normal and very high base paper ctges are shown)

It is the first time I have knowledge of such a ctge.

Has somebody any info ?
jp

Hi JP
I have this shell, loaded, same primer, headstamp & paper color. The topwad is: L. CHRISTOPHE + BRUXELLES +
Hope this is of help.
AZ kid

In the book Eley Cartridges it shows 3 headstamps from 12 and 20 bore cartridges with CF Paris primers and says “Headstamps indicate production for Eley by Cartoucherie Francais. This agreement was reached in 1919 and in theory terminated with ICI in 1933, although it is believed that production continued after this date”.

Hope that helps.

[quote=“Pete deCoux”]Hi JP
I have this shell, loaded, same primer, headstamp & paper color. The topwad is: L. CHRISTOPHE + BRUXELLES +
Hope this is of help.
AZ kid[/quote]

thanks Pete
jp

[quote=“Armourer”]In the book Eley Cartridges it shows 3 headstamps from 12 and 20 bore cartridges with CF Paris primers and says “Headstamps indicate production for Eley by Cartoucherie Francais. This agreement was reached in 1919 and in theory terminated with ICI in 1933, although it is believed that production continued after this date”.

Hope that helps.[/quote]

Thanks for your help Armourer.

I know this book.

1. The Eley hstps from cartoucherie francaise are :
    X Eley X Gastight (regular head and half length head)
    N