Registrant photos?

Maybe a little off-topic but could I advice add to forum’s profiles photo of author (optionally for those who will)? It will make easier to recognize each other on meetings, shows and other public events if collectors was not familiar earlier.

Thanks.

[quote=“Yuri Bushin”]
Maybe a little off-topic but could I advice add to forum’s profiles photo of author (optionally for those who will)? It will make easier to recognize each other on meetings, shows and other public events if collectors was not familiar earlier.[/quote]

Yuri - some folks might be a bit camera shy or reluctant to have their photos in a public place for privacy reasons, but for those who have no such objections, perhaps this will be possible in the future. You will note we have no avatars nor any images in sig lines. Server capacity is a definite issue! Also, many people using this forum are still on dial-up connections and any graphics add enormously to the download “overhead” for these people. It may be available as an option for those who want it down the road, but it is unlikely to be implemented / allowed any time soon.

All these things require storage / server capacity, which increases costs. They also require labor hours to set up and administer. Both resources are in limited supply. There are SO many things we can do with this site . . . . most are on “the list” for implementation when the resources are available.

Sure it should be (if will be at all) personal choise. Just optional profile line. And I’m also AGAINST avatars, image signs and other such things. If it will be added it should be only in profile. and even “click to see photo”.