Rem umc 30 usa

This is a unique cartridge to me, it appears to have a brass tip to the bullet.

The headstamp is REM-UMC 30 USA,…

zmax

That’s a 30-40 Krag with a Remington Bronze Point bullet, a popular hunting bullet in the 20th Century.

Ray

Again, i thank you!,…I have quite a bit of old stuff, basically, im starting to try and find out what some of this stuff is, lol. I have some old rimfires and such as well, 44 henry’s etc. I should buy a book.

Here is a bullet display board i put together. It contains a mix of old, modern, and a few of my reloads.

Z-Max
"Cartridges of the World" makes a decent begineers book (be aware that like most books, it does contain some errors), but it does fall down once you get more specialized.
“Ammo Encylopedia” is another decent starter book, not as many cartridges as COTW, but a nice bit of reading on the whole cartridge making process.

After that however, you start getting into the more specialized referances.
Dave over at www.ammo-one.com has a few titles on his website, which should give you an idea of what’s out there and what each one covers.

Thanks Tailgunner, I appreciate your post

OK zmax, you’ve gone and done it. Posting a photo of a collection always brings up questions. ;)

I collect US National Match cartridges and boxes. What is the date and lot number of the box, top shelf, center. And the headstamp of any original cartridges.

Thanks

Ray

I will have to check for you tomorrow, i know it is lake city, quite certain it is 1966, i am also quite sure it is reloaded stuff,…I do have all of this brass,…30-06

qty - headstamp

2-DM 42
6-TW 53
10-DEN 42
26-LC 53
82-LC 63
3-EW 43
7-LC 54
2-LC43
1-FC 30.06 SPRG
1-TW 52
1-U 43
1-FA 10 10
1-Fa 37

143 total cases

I also have 256 rnds of T W 54 .30-06 brass and,… i have 29 rnds of .219 zipper.

I have 4 Kynoch’s 10ga 3" primed brass hulls.

I have 36 rnds of loaded LC 66 Match 7.62 x51 AP (black tip),…hmmm

what else interests you?

zmax

If you get a chance, I would like to get the lot number of the Match Box. And the year. I assume it’s M118?

The 7.62MM AP in the LC 66 Match cases are reloads.

Ray

Yeah, its 7.62 M118 LOT LC 12054,…it has been reloaded with a 168gn AP.
It is 1966

[quote=“RayMeketa”]zmax

If you get a chance, I would like to get the lot number of the Match Box. And the year. I assume it’s M118?

The 7.62MM AP in the LC 66 Match cases are reloads.

Ray[/quote]

Thankx zmax

Ray