REM-UMC 333 Jeffery

Here is a scan of a poor Xerox copy of the box for .333 Jeffry made by Remington Arms Union Metallic Cartridge Co. I presume the headstamp would be “REM-UMC .333 JEFFERY” or some variation of that. Based on the box and company name it would have been produced between 1916 and 1921. Does anyone have a better condition box or one of the cartridges? if so, could you post a picture, especially the headstamp

Was this cartridge a standard UMC item?Were there any other uncommon small/medium caliber british cartridges listed in American catalogs?

Pivi–This was NOT a standard item. It is NOT listed in any Remington-UMC catalog that I have. I assume it was a special order. There are probably more special order calibers out there, but I do not know what they are.

I would like to hear from anyone having other than standard American calibers of UMC or REM-UMC headstamped cartridges.

[quote=“Ron Merchant”]Pivi–This was NOT a standard item. It is NOT listed in any Remington-UMC catalog that I have. I assume it was a special order. There are probably more special order calibers out there, but I do not know what they are.

I would like to hear from anyone having other than standard American calibers of UMC or REM-UMC headstamped cartridges.[/quote]
Ron, I have a 333/280 Jeffery by Rem-UMC. The h/s is: REM-UMC at 12:00. I do not have the box. The bullet is copper pointed tip on cn body.
M. D. Rea

Ron…When I collected REM-UMC stuff, I had the same cartridge as Mora…headstamp REM-UMC, no caliber…

[quote=“Ron Merchant”]

I would like to hear from anyone having other than standard American calibers of UMC or REM-UMC headstamped cartridges.[/quote]

Ron,

I’m not sure if this is what you’re looking for but here’s a 380 Short Blank with a “REM-UMC” hs.

Paul