My first Post here. I’m not a collector but have an interest in some areas of ammunition.
Not sure how to post a photo or would.
Question: Trying to determine the year’s the below ammunition was made?
- cardboard box, tannish in color, lift off top box, label only on lift off top, no marking on bottom of box
- all lettering is in red color, border line is square on the corners (not rounded)
- looking at top of lift off top, starting from the top lettering down:
220 GRAINS METAL CASED BULLET
REMINGTON ARMS COMPANY, Inc.
AMMUNITION BRIDGEPORT, CONN.
REMINGTON FIREARMS, ILION, N. Y. DUPONT
MADE IN U.S.A.
- looking at label on side of lift top
Reg. U.S. Pat.
Off. and other
- a dog bone with KLEANBORE in the middle and REMINGTON UMC in a red spot
on each end of the bone
- Marqa Reg.
I’ve 8 of these boxes and they are in very nice condition, ammunition inside is clean/bright.
Since I don’t know how to upload a picture, including this web link, as it is the same box/ammo.
Hope that is/was ok by the folks?
Apologies in advance for lack of knowledge with the Forum here.
Again, trying to figure out a time frame this ammunition was made?
I’m thinking date would have been around 1916+, due to square corner borders, not rounded.
thank you all for your time n’ assistance,