Remington .43 Egyptian shot cartridges

Here’s a Remington UMC box of 20 .43 Egyptian shot cartridges that has me a little puzzled. The cartridges in it use the full-length (2.425") style cases with a brown wax-like wad and a bullet shaped case mouth crimp. The cases are not the usual folded ring head style usually found on Remington .43 Egyptian cartridges; instead, the heads are rounded oot towards the rims, resulting in a rather sharp thin rim. The primers probably Berdan, but are quite flat. Could these actually have been made by Remington?

43 Mauser shot shell?

[quote=“Guy Hildebrand”]Here’s a Remington UMC box of 20 .43 Egyptian shot cartridges that has me a little puzzled. The cartridges in it use the full-length (2.425") style cases with a brown wax-like wad and a bullet shaped case mouth crimp. The cases are not the usual folded ring head style usually found on Remington .43 Egyptian cartridges; instead, the heads are rounded oot towards the rims, resulting in a rather sharp thin rim. The primers probably Berdan, but are quite flat. Could these actually have been made by Remington?

[/quote]
Guy, sort of looks like the old style Remington & Sons rounded heads. Maybe they ( the cases ) were left over from a prior older run and then used for the shot loadings ? Just a thought. M. Rea

Guy-I don’t know if it helps or not, but the box dates from 1915, based on no hyphen and no “Inc.”