Remington Highway Master loads

Hello , I may have the name slightly wrong here but its something like Remington Highway Master loads , I am guessing they were metal piercing ammo for the Police , any ideas ???

Do you have the box? If so, what is the Load Index number.
If you do not have the box, are they .38 Spl. or .357 Mag. and what is the exact headstamp?

6838 .38 SPECIAL 110 gr. “HI-WAY MASTER”, METAL PENETRATING KLEANBORE Last listed in 1965

If the Load Index number begins with an “R” it would date between 1936 and 1942.

howdy , I read a posting on another forum and have not come across this load before and i decided to inquery , are they rare ???
many thanks robbt

NO, not rare at all. In fact quite common.

I recently picked up a .38 Special cartridge while at the recent C.C.C.A. show in La Palma, CA.

The bullet is a 110gr. very hard lead RN loaded in a nickel case. H/S: (PETERS 38 SPL).

A black/white photocopy of the box was included with the cartridge:

PETERS
(letter “P” in circle) HIGH VELOCITY (“DU PONT” in oval circle)
38 SPECIAL
HIGHWAY PATROL
110 GRAIN METAL PENETRATING BULLET
50 CENTER FIRE SMOKELESS CARTRIDGES
MADE IN U.S.A.

Unfortunately, there’s no product number available. If anyone happens to know what the product no. is, please post it as I’d like to include that number in my notes. Thanks.

The Load Index for that Peters load is “3810”

howdy , perhaps this is the wrong forum to state this if so just tell me , but i would really like a empty of partial box [ a few loaded rounds ], if someone come across a either , please advise, many thanks robbt

p.s tomorrow i’ll post some rem-umc boxes for info,
many thanks good night