Remington Rocket 22 Short chicklet pack QUESTION!

I want to find the same rounds in the Remington Rocket or thunderbolts 22 Short chicklet type packs … but do not want to pay 45.00 for a collectors item type packing.

I am just looking for the same spatterless galley type rounds.but in other style packing.

What are some other names or packing for these type rounds.

I was told they are composition type bullets made of compressed iron and plastic ?

They must be true composition bullets.

Remington Rockets & Peters Thunderbolts
Remington Rockets & Peters Thunderbolts

When I used to shoot them as a kid, I paid 35 cents a box and they shot just like any other 22 short just packaged different. By the way they did not shoot too straight when taped to the end of a BB gun. At auction you can still find a few places with the bids going for $25.00, Still too high in my opinion.

The Remington Rockets used a iron compostion bullet. Remington made a 22 short “Gallery Splatter-Less” with a 15 grain “special composition bullet” (iron). These came in 250 round loose pack boxes. I not sure these are the same as the Rockets which were marketed in the 1950’s as “very high velocity” but these 15 gr gallery rounds were reported to have a velocity of 1710 fps.

I see these in gun shows now and then at much lower prices per round than the old Remington Rockets now sell for.

Paul

[quote=“rimfire”]The Remington Rockets used a iron compostion bullet. Remington made a 22 short “Gallery Splatter-Less” with a 15 grain “special composition bullet” (iron). These came in 250 round loose pack boxes. I not sure these are the same as the Rockets which were marketed in the 1950’s as “very high velocity” but these 15 gr gallery rounds were reported to have a velocity of 1710 fps.

I see these in gun shows now and then at much lower prices per round than the old Remington Rockets now sell for.

Paul[/quote]

EXCELLENT ! THANK YOU ! Thats what I wanted to know.

The Remington rockets that where sold over the counter had a chicklet type box with 25-35 rounds in them based on memory. I do not seem to recall a major difference in the bullet from a regular short which was pkg 50 to a box.

The “ROCKETS” and "thunderbolts"bullets were not the standard “gallery” type bullets they were a composite that was very frangible.I was told it was powered iron and plastic to hold it all together ???

The Rockets and Thunderbolts came in “chicklet” boxes of 28. They did have iron composite bullets. You can pick them up with a magnet.

Paul

Here is the annoucement ad for the .22 Rockets. It is in the Dec. 16, 1954 Price List. It did not appear in the Retail Catalog until 1956. However, there was a 1955 flyer that contained it. NOTE: The “secret” ingredient is called “Q-99”.

The Peters “Thunderbolts” were the same except the box was blue and yellow. Both Rockets and Thunderbolts had the same “U” headstamp.

The Retail price in 1955 was 28 cents for 28 rounds. This was a premium price when you consider regular .22 Shorts were 46 cents for 50 rounds

From 16 Dec. 1954 Price List

From 1955 Flyer

EXCELLENT ! THANK YOU !