Request: photos of austrian "M" headstamped 7 x 57

In an early tread,
iaaforum.org/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=6507
Pbutler showed a couple of boxes of 7’92 cartridges, austrian Hirtenberger production for Spain in 1937.

There was a similar contract from the same factory but in 7 x 57. Boxes were similar: square box for 25 rounds in Mauser M.1893 clips, and square box for 100 rounds for machine gun use. They wore inscriptions in correct spanish.

There were ball, tracer (red tip) and AP-T (green tip). All were roundnose, and had the well known “M” at 12 o’clock headstamp.

My request is: Does anybody have pictures of these boxes, or knows where I can find them?

I have a 7x57mm ball round with the M headstamp but I didn

M

[quote=“JJE”]M

Schneider

[quote=“JJE”]

You say that Hirtenberger supplied some “M” 7x57 cartridges to Spain already packed in clips, some of which bore the “H” mark? If so, is there any record of how the other clips were marked?
Were these complete cartridges supplied separately from the component cases and bullets that M

Schneider –

I heard reports of the Standard Electrica, Madrid, connection with the “M” hstp long before Motz wrote his book. There was no mention of a Hirtenberger connection to “M” at that time, so I suppose the “Madrid” suggestion of its meaning was an easy one to make, perhaps without any hard evidence to support it.

I haven’t heard of Standard Electrica in connection with cartridge manufacture in any other way, so it seems possible that if they were involved it would be by assembling components from elsewhere.

Is anything known about the firm’s involvement?

[quote=“JJE”]
I haven’t heard of Standard Electrica in connection with cartridge manufacture in any other way, so it seems possible that if they were involved it would be by assembling components from elsewhere.[/quote]

It is a fact that spent M cases were reloaded in Madrid during the war.

I have seen more than 100 contracts awarded by the Republican Army to workshops in Madrid in 1936-39. 20 of them were awarded to the Standard El

Schneider –

Thanks for the info.